Wireless Problems in Gateway C-140

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by philipco, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philipco

philipco Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else having problems with maintaining wireless connectivity with this Gateway tablet?

From looking around on the internet, it seems this is a common problem with Windows Vista. I'm curious to know if anyone has found a solution with this computer.

I've done the following:

1. downloaded the update from Windows (technical refresh)
    2. updated the power options - i lose wireless on EVERY power setting, and it doesn't matter if I'm plugged in or not.
    3. done a voodoo dance over the machine and cursed several times.

Anyone have help?

Does anyone know how to update the wireless driver in our new tablet?

2. tomtheweirdguy

tomtheweirdguy Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine works fine, without updating any drivers. If you feel the need to update, try Intel's website. They let you search by part number.

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i don't have a problem. The only issue is when I boot up, it might take a bit to find my network.

4. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Its probobly your internet connection, the wireless you are trying to use might not be reaching your computer well.

I know for the old laptop i have now, it works better in the living room than in my bedroom, even though my bedroom is closer. The way its set up, my bedroom is 4 walls away, when my living room is either 1 or 2.

You may want to try sitting in the same room as your router, and see if you still have the problem. If you already have tried, then you may have a faulty wireless card.

P.s. Not to sound too rude... but atleast you have the freaking computer, use an ethernet cable if you have to...

5. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

:D good one Chris!

6. DrNick664

DrNick664 Scribbler - Standard Member

Bwhahahah I second that.
    But anyways it says you are having problems maintaining wireless connection so I suggest just get closer, or if you want better range get a new router.
    I would bet that more "voodoo dance" would help as well

7. mig174

mig174 Scribbler - Standard Member

that sounds like a terrible problem. I'm afraid you won't be able to fix it. Can I buy your laptop? Just promise you'll ship it really fast :p

8. MarkT

MarkT Venerable Optimist

Perhaps I can fix it for you... Just send it to me and I'll see what I can do...

9. philipco

philipco Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, I know that you'd rather have your laptop . . . should I apologize that mine arrived when they said it would? You know, when your computer comes in (if it does), you might have the same problem I'm having and you might need to know similar information.

If anyone can help . . . the issue isn't how close I am to the connection. I could be in the same room as the router and I still lose the wireless connection at various intervals.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

10. MarkT

MarkT Venerable Optimist

You're right. However I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Perhaps it's a specific defect with this one laptop? Have you tried other laptops to your wireless connection? Do they have similar problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.