WINNER: Softer/Better friction Apple Pencil tips

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by Bishop, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

So found this on Amazon: Amazon.com: MJKOR [2021 New] Soft Paperfeel Damping Tips Replacement for Apple Pencil 1st Gen & 2nd Gen, Noise Reducing Pen Nibs for iPad Pro(2 PCS) : Electronics

This is an actual tip that screws into place just like the original Apple tip would. It does have better friction on the glass. It does reduce the "tapping" sound of the pencil. It is not as much paper-like friction as the regular tip with a matte PaperFeel screen protector, but close and without the dulling effect on the beautiful screen. It is also worlds better than those silicon tip covers that tend to snag, drag, tear quickly and reduce precision.

VERDICT: Solid A- minus and definite upgrade to the writing experience. :thumbsup:

FYI: I'm using it on an Apple Pencil 2 with the iPad Mini 6/Air/2021. If you use the search terms "pencil tips apple soft" in your browser, you will pull up several options - on Amazon and Aliexpress. The tips can also be classified as "2B" which I suppose is like the softer tips Microsoft offered in the replacement set with the first 3 generations of Surface Pens.

2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wish these were available during my brief stay in the walled garden. Hated using the screen overlays for this purpose.

Bishop likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Sure glad you found this AFTER I escaped Appletraz - or I might still be in solitary...

4. Bishop

It might be your escape route back …

nyb72 and dstrauss like this.
  5. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Cool find. I'll give it a try if they ship to Europe. Amazon don't always list everything available in the US over here.

Bishop likes this.
  6. Bishop

Similar items available on aliexpress dot com if that helps.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Ha ha ha - I am REALLY HAPPY with my Fold 3 old pal - Android tablet shortcoming and all - and that phrase is a bit of overkill as it has handled tablet duties very well - it is so refreshing to buy my books while reading in the Kindle - no need to drop out, buy in Safari, and then download...:p