WindowsJournal. Sometimes the pen/marker will stop writing.

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by rlx, Sep 10, 2010.

1. rlx

rlx Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to raise this issue. I hope that someone will direct me to the right one if this is the case.

I use WindowsJournal on a LE1700 to annotate some texts and I find that sometimes I will loose the capability to write entirely. This occurs after I switch pen using the pen menu. After I loose the writing capability I can't even use the markers.

My only option up to now has been to restart WindowsJournal. However this tends to use much precious time in the long run.

The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to take the pen to the left window border and start writing from there. If the pen tip was on the edge then the stroke is not displayed and I quite likely have lost the writing capability altogether.

Thanks for any suggestion on this issue.

I use a Motion LE1700 running Windows7. Windows7 is up to date to the latest Microsoft upgrades.

Richard

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Is your pen still usable as a mouse while this problem is happening?

3. rlx

rlx Pen Pal - Newbie

There are two cases.

1. In the note taking area there is no longer a cursor.

2. In the menu and tool areas, there is the usual arrow cursor.

Outside WindowsJournal there is no problem.

After further experimenting, here are some additional points.

When I get in that situation, if I go in Tools/Options/Pen settings and change some pen attribute, then I get a pen cursor (dot) when I return. But as soon as I press on the pen I loose the cursor and nothing is written on the screen. I still have to quit and restart.

It looks like the left side of the drawing window is where the problem happens. As long as I write in the middle/right part of the window I can change pen as often as I like without meeting this problem.

After still more experimentation, it seems that the problem is quite random. I can get into the problem even when writing on the right part of the window. Sometimes I can change pen many times, others times I loose the cursor right after the first change of pen. So it looks like there is a memory leak somewhere.

Even, back from the week-end and after a fresh reboot, I get into the same problem. There are two other programs running concurrently I coordinate with: Firefox and MDBG Chinese Reader.

Now I feel pretty sure there is an interaction between Windows Journal and MDBG Chinese Reader that is the source of the problem. So I have submitted the case to the Chinese Reader support forum. I will keep this forum informed after I find the solution.

4. digital doctor

digital doctor Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this problem on one tablet.
    You lose the ability to ink while in Windows Journal.
    You can still click menu items.
    Closing the current journal document (jnt) and re-opening it works.

5. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm really clueless about the problem. Following this thread now for the solution.

6. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Although now I realized the original post was posted way back in 2010. Nevermind. :eek: