Windows Update

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Steve S, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

When I fired up my ZC yesterday morning, I was surprised to discover a Windows update. Not a Win10 update, but an Intel "Display" update...?!??

I went ahead and installed it (routine; no problems) and went about my business. However, a little later in the day, I checked my SP4 and S3, assuming that I would have to install the update on them, too, but discovered... nothing!

I can't recall seeing a Win10 Update that arrived only on a non-Microsoft device (plenty of the reverse, though). Has anyone else noticed this update...? I haven't had time to research the update, but I assume it's a more current Intel display driver?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Doesn't the Microsoft devices prioritize their own graphic drivers?

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Doesn't the Microsoft devices prioritize their own graphic drivers?..>>

...I've seen some of that in the distant past, but not in recent memory... and never on my ZC...!

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You said that was an Intel update. Pushed by Microsoft but driver from Intel. I'm dying Microsoft doesn't push the Intel drivers to their own devices, only their own Microsoft drivers. If you want an Intel driver to a Surface you'll have to download it yourself.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.