windows update screwed up my tablet pen settings! (x200t)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by sinthome, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinthome

sinthome Pen Pal - Newbie

i had everything set up perfectly and for some reason i decided it was a good idea to let windows update install a newer wacom driver. :( now pressure sensitivity is broken in photoshop, calibration is not as precise and the pop-up menu i use with the pen button does not show up. i tried a system restore to before the update and it did not help! :mad:
    can someone give me a tutorial on how to remove the new driver? there are a dozen different things listed in device manager as 'wacom' and have no idea where to start to fix this.
    all of my settings for the pop-up menu are still there in the "pen tablet properties" window in the control panel but the menu won't come up! :confused:

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I had, I believe, the same problem. I haven't completely fixed it yet. Have you tried restoring to an earlier day? or deleting ALL of your Wacom stuff and starting over from scratch? My other problem was that Wacom didn't have their drivers up on their website this weekend, and so I couldn't download it. :mad: You might want to check that.

3. sinthome

do you have a link to the proper working drivers to install? i did it so long ago, i forget. i just remember it being a total pain.

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

usually you can get the latest driver from Wacom's site (though it seems their site is still down)...

I posted this earlier in the week
    If that one doesn't work, try the Fujitsu Wacom driver

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. sinthome

the wacom site seems to be working for me.. but i don't know which driver to use. if i select "tablet pc" from the dropdown there are none for win7 or vista or xp. i d/led the one you u/led but it looks like a multitouch version.. my laptop is not.. should i use it?

6. sinthome

didn't work. now my pop-up menu settings are really truly gone. where can i get the fuji wacom driver?

7. Agent 9

All the Wacom Tablet functions and options not located under 'Tablet PC' but under 'ISD Tablet Properties' (don't ask me why Wacom choose to name it that, but they did)

8. sinthome

oh nice! found it. now i just have to figure out why pressure sensitivity in photoshop isn't working. any ideas?

9. Agent 9

Are you using a brush that does pressure sensitivity? not all brushes support pressure sensitivity (it has to have 'Shape Dynamic' enabled on the brush for it to show pressure sensitivity -found under the 'Brush' tool panel)... also, what version of Photoshop are you using?

10. sinthome

haha i just reopened photoshop and it decided to work now! maybe i had it still open in the background before and it needed to reload? in any case, it works now!!! :) :) thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.