Windows TabletPC (Helix) + ArtDock + Redditp.com = ...

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by AveSharia, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

I think I'm in love.

Redditp.com is just a port of any Reddit sub-reddit as a fullscreen image viewer, with the option to cycle images every X seconds. l'm using /r/yoga with a new image every 60 seconds for figure drawing practice.

I'm trying to add a picture (anyone know how to Prt Scr without the keyboard attached?) but the basic setup is Redditp in Metro IE on the left side of my screen, next to Mischief in desktop mode on the right with Artdock in the top right.

I don't really have a question, just thought I would share!

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

How do you find Mischief?

Sounds like a great idea, although that would make for some cramped drawing space, wouldn't it?
    Similarly to your set-up I'll plug my monitor in extended mode and put up the website Quickposes: pose generator for figure & gesture drawing practice on it, then do my timed figure drawings with my whole screen as canvas.

thanks for sharing! You should share some of your fav gestures in the tabletpc art thread!

3. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm only on the free trial, but I really like it for this purpose specifically... The inking is smooth but it feels like it may be post-processing my strokes to make them smoother than they really should be.

The real draw for me when doing these gestures is I can just pan over to start a new drawing, and then have them all on one page.

And yeah, it does cut into the screen real estate, but I don't cross over to the far left side that often anyway. I think if the screen were any smaller (like any of the 10" screens) it would bother me a lot more. But then, this is only really for when I'm sitting in the recliner, in lieu of watching Pretty Little Liars, or Project Runway. I'll have to draw full screen for a while and see if it starts to eat at me.

See you in the art thread as soon as I figure out posting pictures!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

4. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Interesting technique. I have yet to try Mischief.

When I'm drawing from life in Sketchbook Pro I do each pose on a new layer, in the same area of the screen (hiding the previous layer). Once I'm done I go through and arrange the ones I like, and delete the ones that look like wasteland mutants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.