Windows Tablet Stand for artists?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by D Hanson, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Hanson

D Hanson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all!

So it looks like I will be drawing on a 10.1" windows tablet (Toashiba Encore 2 Write). I imagine most of my drawing time will be split between the couch and at a table. But since this isn't a surface tablet with a built in kickstand, I will probably be looking to pick up a tablet stand to work on, just so I won't have to balance it on a small hill made of pillows!

I found this stand on amazon which looks like it may be a good lap stand. Not sure how it would be for using at a table though:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GO2OPW?keywords=prop n go&qid=1445267482&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

And this looks like it may be okay for a table, but then not great for on a lap:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ncore steel&qid=1445267403&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Both just have the tablet seat on a ledge, and the tablet isn't snapped in place, so I worry about trying to actually do some drawing and having the tablet flop off the stand anyhow.

What do you artists out there do when drawing someplace like a couch? Do you just grab a pillow and tough it out? Is there something better that can serve this purpose? Thanks in advance for your ideas! :)

2. balistic

balistic wacom jock

I absolutely just use a throw pillow when I'm drawing on my couch with the Yoga. Although I'm not really "sitting", more like reclining length-wise against the arm of the sofa, with my feet up and my legs bent to provide a natural easel. It's less comfortable if I don't recline and bend my legs ... I end up hunched over my lap with a cramp in my neck.

3. D Hanson

D Hanson Pen Pal - Newbie

It's funny, that's basically what I do when I use a sketchbook. I just feel like with a tablet I should get a more fancy solution! Are there any problems with tablets heating up when on a pillow? I am probably over thinking this, but better than underthinking it I guess...

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I use the CoolerMaster here: http://www.coolermaster.com/mobile/laptops_and_ultrabooks/notepal-ergostand-lite/

Adjustable, and can be used on your lap or a table/desk. It gives you something firm to grip while drawing and props it up perfectly in your lap.

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.