Windows Journal... seems gone in the Anniversary Update (Updated with Link to Journal)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mathartist, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

This update messed my computer up. I have a Fujitsu T904 I get this error:
    Auto Rotation Utility
    Button Utility is not installed correctly, OR this PC is not a Convertible/Tablet PC. and it keeps loosing orientation. This is frustrating.

I have the updated or only button utility installed. Any suggestions?

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Fujitsu's auto-rotation utility interferes with Window's own auto-rotation feature, so uninstall it. Use the keyboard shortcut Win-O to turn Windows's auto-rotate on or off.

Same for the button utility, uninstall it. If the default BIOS and button drivers are installed, the buttons work correctly. You can install the default drivers by first installing the Fujitsu drivers and then updating thhem "automatically" through Device Manager.

[​IMG]

3. jbomb

hold on... do I install the default drivers or uninstall them? I used to get this error 2 message. I had recently installed the fjrotate.exe which is the auto rotation utility. I no longer get those pop up errors... but when I boot up or if it wakes up from sleeping it flips my screen to portrait. so then I'm guessint ghat I remove the auto rotate and the button utility, correct?

btw... you name ATIVQ... very funny. I cried when I heard that wasn't coming out. That machine would have been awesome.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Uninstall Fujitsu Rotate Utility and Fujitsu Button Utility, install the Fujitsu drivers (BIOS, FUJ02B1, FUJ02E3), open Device Manager and update these drivers, and they will be updated to the default Windows drivers provided by Fujitsu. These are the settings I use on my T904 and they work without issue.

Regarding the ATIV Q, it was a huge disappointment. I wanted to buy it, then it got delayed by 3 months, then it got delayed again by 3 months, then it disappeared. I bought the T904 because I was tired of waiting. Going 2.5 years, it's a great device with a loud fan and bad speakers, but there are much better devices available today like the Vaio Z Canvas, and in 2017 there's going to be Vaio Z Canvas 2 (hopefully), Asus Transformer 3 Pro, Surface Pro 5, Eve Pyramid Flipper, and probably a few more devices that cost less and have better specs for every major component.

5. jbomb

how are the pen stylus on those computers? I am pretty sure the T904 is wacom emr. Although since the last few updates it's been acting wonky. I have had situations where it simply won't draw

6. jbomb

oh, do I uninstall the bios driver? when I do update it says the best one is on the device.

7. jbomb

I now get 2 error pop ups. the "getting Error as 2" and "auto rotation utility button utility is not installed correctly" how do I get rid of those.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

• Don't uninstall any drivers.
    • Uninstall all Fujitsu utilities from Programs and Features
    • Reboot. There should be no error messages.
    • Install Fujitsu BIOS Driver, FUJ02B1 driver, FUJ02E3 drivers (if they are missing)
    • Optional: let Windows update the drivers through Device Manager or Windows Update
    • Reboot (not sure if necessary, but you might as well, since the T904 boots in short seconds)
    • Install Fujitsu System Extension Utility and Fujitsu Battery Utility
    • Reboot (not sure if necessary)
    That's it, everything should work properly.

Regarding the stylus, Wacom EMR is better in terms of responsiveness and minimum pressure sensitivity, but the T904 and most Wacom Penabled/Feel devices have severe edge drift issues which Wacom can't or won't fix. After using the Apple Pencil I'm convinced that AES can be better than EMR in every respect, and the next-gen Microsoft Pen should perform more like the Apple Pencil, with Intel hardware acceleration and various protocol improvements. If it's even only mid-way between the current Microsoft Pen and the Apple Pencil, I'll dump EMR in favor of AES when the T904 eventually dies.

Of course, at the time I bought the T904, N-trig digitizers were second-rate, the Apple Pencil didn't exist, and there were very few devices with a WQHD or better display and a pen. I imagine the ATIV Q wouldn't have had edge-drift issues because all Samsung devices with Wacom have the good EMR digitizers.

Oh, and this is a Windows Journal thread? I love Windows Journal.

9. jbomb

so I uninstall every thing highlighted that has Fujitsu... anything else?

Attached Files:

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You should remove Display Manager, Launcher, Mobility Center Extension, System Manager, Shock Sensor, and Function Manager.

You should keep the BIOS driver, System Extension Utility, and Battery Utility because they actually work.

Windows automatically installs the FUJ02B1 and FUJ02E3 drivers if they were previously installed, so you probably won't have to do anything once all the malfunctioning Fujitsu bloatware is gone. If the drivers are missing, download and install them.

Windows button, volume buttons, auto-rotate, and rotation-lock should work properly after that.