Windows Journal is a Piece of Shiznit with 64 bit Vista

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by RoyalBean, Sep 16, 2008.

1. RoyalBean

RoyalBean Pen Pal - Newbie

Any one else print PDFs or DOC or PPT files and try to take notes on them for school using Journal? The program starts out using aobut 10,000 kb of memory, but as I scroll through the documents, the Ram usage just shoots up until it eventually reaches 3 F-ing GB, at which point the computer is no longer functional. This sucks since the only reason I got this computer was to take notes on PDFs and other documents, and now i can do that. And I even reinstalled Vista, thinkikng it was my computer.

I will next try reinstalling a 32 bit version of windows vista if I can find one.

Or wait, maybe I will just switch to OneNote to print my documents... Oh wait, thats right....

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

for PDF's consider PDF Annotator for Word & Powerpoint files (in office 2007), you can write on them natively in those programs from the review tab, then select start inking.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And I don't understand why everyone converts small handy PDF files to big unhandy bitmaps.

As Drtigerlilly already said use proper programs to annotate the files.
    e.g. you can convert all your Word or Powerpoint files to handy PDF files and then use Jarnal, PDF annotator or PDF Revu to ink on them.
    I don't use Office 2007 but there you should be able to annotate the Office files directly, too.
    So there's no need to use Journal or OneNote.

4. RoyalBean

RoyalBean Pen Pal - Newbie

I decided to go with PDF annotator. Jarnal has really poor pen and paper feel, especially compared to the microsoft products. I have tried PDF annotator in the past, and had many problems with it, but that was more than 2 years ago, with a crappier computer, and it looks more Microsofty now, which I like. I didn't even know office had inking capabilities. Why was I printing those to journal, if they were already inkable.