Windows freezes on the EEE Slate

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by schrepfer, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackBFlippinNimble

JackBFlippinNimble Scribbler - Standard Member

And I didn't notice that there were 2 different posters with this issue. The first one I responded to) is using Intel ssd toolbox with the sandisk ssd, Wusche, are you also? It could be that the Intel toolbox doesn't like to play with this ssd.

2. JackBFlippinNimble

JackBFlippinNimble Scribbler - Standard Member

I have never used the Intel toolbox on my Corsair Nova ssd in another laptop as I (again) assumed it was just for Intel ssd's. I would suggest you google for another program to read the health of your drive. For my Nova, I use a program just for it (it has the Indellinx controller). In my ep121, I replaced the drive with Intel, so it could be it only works well with it's own drives (therefore giving you false reads).

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lately windows has been freezing whenever I resume if from sleep it just freezes at the login screen and l have to do a hard reboot. the given day, this occurs 3 or 4 times. This started just last week. I don't recall updating any drivers recently

4. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I think the freeze is Adobe flash or Java related..I had one little freeze today with FF5.0..after updated the JAVA. It usuallt at start up. Perhaps system running at background for update checks all at once. otherwise Have not had a freeze for the more than a month.. still same intel drivers for hd graphics and storage.

5. schrepfer

schrepfer Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the replies! After 7 months negotiating and after 4 returns (they always told me that everything is working and after a few minutes trying the tablet froze again) with the seller I finally got back my money, even though I'm not sure what actually was wrong with it.

Best wishes

6. XYP

XYP Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.

Those problem comes from Intel RST and LPM, not from EP121.

Try this :

1) Disable “turn hard drive off” in the power settings option in Windows. Allowing the hard drive to turn off can create some stability problems because the SATA Specification has an issue right now with the LPM Feature that Intel has.

2) Install the Latest Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology)

3) Open notepad and paste the entire quote below :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port0]

"LPM"=dword:00000000
    "LPMDSTATE"=dword:00000000
    "DIPM"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port5]

4) Save the file as “nolpm.reg” and make sure your selected file type is “all”. This should turn the file into a registry file

5) Now open the file “nolpm.reg” and hit yes to add.

6) Restart your computer and it should be done!

7. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you from Intel or what? :) How do you figured it out? And what it does?

8. fa6ade

fa6ade Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this problem but stupidly never bothered to get it fixed. I usually just hit the power key and leave it. When it goes to sleep I know I can turn it back on again without a problem. Also this problem only tends to happen on battery; very rare when plugged in.
    XYP, can you provide a link to where you got this info?

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Solution: C300 Disk Freeze-ups in Windows 7 solved... - Crucial Community

10. fa6ade

fa6ade Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question, should there be a space in services? You've written \servic es\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.