Windows 8

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by visualj, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rampa666

rampa666 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply

I did run windows update but it didn't help
    Windows doesn't say there is an issue with the drivers, it seems correctly installed. But I get crash in some applications and they say there have been an issue with my accelerated graphics.
    Do you have windows 8 running on your ep121? Can you try the application called "Copper" and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks again
    Rampa

2. YetAnotherDave

YetAnotherDave Pen Pal - Newbie

Copper works here. Vanilla installation.

3. rampa666

Ok so i'm just unlucky, thanks a lot though

On a complete different topic. Did any of you find the way to change the tile color? I don't like this green ^^

4. spamnco

spamnco Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes you still can select the portrait or landscape orientation in the desktop options.
    Wacom drivers seem to work fine on Photoshop & Painter (pressure is ok) although there is much more interference between the stylus and the touch inputs.

Although I tried many things already, I still can't use the Microsoft bluetooth keyboard :(

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks again guys for the responses.
    One more thing, are those installing this on their slate dual booting or doing a clean install.
    Clean install is out of the question for me.

6. rampa666

I've ugraded my windows 7, I've installed Windows 8 directly from Windows.
    Of course I made a backup before :) (I used paragon backup & recovery, nice and free)

7. visualj

visualj R1F Pen Pal - Newbie

A few items.

I got through the install (actually did two, first one was without the dev tools) at about 1:30 last night. Both were scary easy. First time I had plugged in a USB keyboard. Before I realized that the install was all touch based. Second time I just used touch.

I am doing a fresh install. I backed up my SDD and jumped in.

Anybody else notice the onscreen numeric keyboard is opposite of the normal one? It is like a phone. Took me three times to enter my wireless access code before I noticed it. Other than that, the touch keyboard s cool.

I have not tried the bluetooth keyboard, but I am going through the Windows update now and see a Atheros Bluetooth update dated 9/7/11.

IE in the app mode seems slow. Anybody else see that?

Maybe I am missing something, but flicks are not working for me.

That's it for now.

8. Eoma

Eoma Pen Pal - Newbie

Nooooooooooooooooo..can't seem to shrink/partition the 64GB drive to a free 20GB for the Win 8 install; even though free space = 35GB. Max is 16++ of shrinkable space. Any ideas ?

Edit: Nvm, found a way around it. Had to disable pagefile (for a while), system restore and a few other services. Shrunk the volume, created a new 20GB disk, and re-enabled the previous services.

9. fa6ade

fa6ade Pen Pal - Newbie

I sincerely hope there is a way to hack the OS when it is released proper so that Metro Snap can be enabled on the EP121 display. Somewhat disappointed if not :/

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I could only manage 14.6 GB. I don't know if it'll suffice. Although on my laptop I successfully instilled Win8 on an 18. GB partition and had about 4++ Gigs free. keeping my fingers Crossed.
    Could you please tell me how to disable page file & system restore temporarily in case the 14 gigs doesn't work? and any effect on the system? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.