Windows 8 tablet requirements

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by tannerwooden, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tannerwooden

tannerwooden Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,

I typed, "Windows 8" in wikipedia and was reading through the article when I came across this:

"5-point digitizers: Microsoft requires that Windows 8 touch PCs use digitizers supporting a minimum of 5 touch points."

I see no evidence for this in the CP, but what do you think?

2. ep121zone

ep121zone Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Tanner,
    I think the 5point is for the "optimal" windows experience. I believe they were using ep's for early win 8 testing. Many users here are using the windows 8 consumer preview and the 2 touch works fine... I think it's more of a desired as opposed to a required...

3. tannerwooden

Yeah, I've got the CP as well. I get what you are saying about the "optimal" experience. What I'm wondering, however, is how will Windows 8 support 5 point touch and will it cripple the EP121 in any way? Well, maybe cripple is a strong word, but you know what I mean.

4. LanMan85

LanMan85 Pen Pal - Newbie

Win8 says that they need a minimum of 1366x768 screen res. Does Win8 work well with the EP's 1280x800 screen?

5. tannerwooden

I've seen no problems screen res wize. Been using Win8cp for a month now. Tablet is in the shop. When I get it back I'll put Win8rp. I doubt there will be anything to worry about however.

6. fa6ade

fa6ade Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it's more of a requirement for certification for the "Made for Windows 8" program than anything else. I only foresee an issue with apps that require more than 2 fingers but tbh I don' think that will be a massive issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.