Windows 8 Release Preview Installed

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by jnjroach, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gl2011

gl2011 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same problem here in CP, I needed the driver so I could adjust the screen when connecting to a TV but had to remove it because of the rotating.
    Sad to hear it still happens in RP.

2. Paco Bedejo

Paco Bedejo Pen Pal - Newbie

I went ahead & tried it, to no avail. Looks like it's either Win 8 or Minecraft. No biggie, MC is a nice-to-have. Windows 8 RP is much closer to a have-to-have.

3. Zukunft105

Zukunft105 Pen Pal - Newbie

which Driver Version has you installed? this one 15.28.0.64.2770 ?

4. Paco Bedejo

Paco Bedejo Pen Pal - Newbie

I currently have 9.17.10.2729 installed, which came from jhoff80's link on Tuesday. I see that the link now points to 15.28.0.64.2770, but the file is has been "moved, renamed or archived". I don't remember the version that magic'd its way onto the tablet during the Win 8 RP install.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Windows 8 RP installs 9.17.10.2736. I have been looking for .2770 everywhere - but all links have been moved/renamed/archived, and the driver update tool only runs a few secon ds and says there is a data error and won't download the new driver to my S7S. What gives?

6. Zukunft105

Zukunft105 Pen Pal - Newbie

the 32-bit Version still available but not the 64-bit

7. mstoller

mstoller Pen Pal - Newbie

I was able to stop the constant rotation by first uninstalling Easy Settings and then installing the Intel HD Graphics drivers.
    Unfortunately, my system is still locking up at least once a day, if not more.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  8. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm just curious, for anyone running Win8 RP on their S7S, did Win8 RP improve your battery life?

9. Haydarsalih

Haydarsalih Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 2 s7s win 7 and win 8 rp.
    The results of battery life comparison are inconstantly variable even when leave them both in the same room temp,sharing the same network and doing nothing. It seems that there are hidden processes and services that should be turned off or disabled to get a fair objective result
    As for 8, it's buggy system.Touch and pen are real pain sometime,and one of them is dead after few hours unless you restart.
    3ds Max doesn't seem stable. Zbrush works .. Visual basic 6 can be installed and it works well.
    I don't recommend Wacom play around because it rendered my keyboard very tiny and useless.

Power users should stay away from this beta.
    A commercial release + a subsequent SP1-3 release may bring cure to system instability issues.
    This is a personal experience and it doesn't have to be true to everyone.

10. MrG

MrG Pen Pal - Newbie

I just tested my S7S w/ a Windows 2 Go flashdrive w/ the W8 RP x64 installed.
    3 items in the Device Manager/Other Devices had no drivers installed.
    I tried WordPad w/ the touch keyboard using my finger>keyboard, that & Windows Photo Viewer (next picture) arrows touch worked.
    It does appear that some of the touch screen stuff works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.