Windows 8 Release Preview Installed

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by jnjroach, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You're dreaming. N-Trig is even worse when it comes to support. You're stuck with whatever Wacom throws at you. N-Trig released a driver for W8 but no console or control panel, so there is no way to set our pens to auto (which is really the only way to get some form of palm rejection) so W8 is usless to us as well. Be happy with what you have ... it could be far worse.

2. pingram3541

pingram3541 Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah this a bummer about the pen/touch issue (for now use a glove when drawing). I upgraded a few months ago to cp but now the rp installer is saying my s7 isn't compatible with secure boot even though I have the uefi firmware, it also says my touchscreen isn't compatible as well as the ms office starter edition that bundles with this tablet...big fail in my opinion. For now I don't see a reason to upgrade from cp to rp if its still technically a downgrade from w7. The part that blows me away is that this is supposed to be "THE" tablet touted for w8...wth m$???

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Perhaps these features you want are defined by Registry keys. Use a Registry logger to track which changes are made to the Registry when you enable/disable these options under Win7. If you find plausible keys, export them, then import them into Win8's Registry.

Disclaimer: This is a lonnnng shot.... :p

4. woohoo7676

woohoo7676 Pen Pal - Newbie

Which graphics drivers are you guys using? I've tried both the default and these released by Intel (Windows 8 Preview Drivers) but I still occasionally get text corruption in Metro apps and Internet Explorer.

Does anyone else get the corrupted text? Corruption.jpg

5. Paco Bedejo

Paco Bedejo Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone gotten HDMI output to work in Win 8 RP? My GPU driver auto-detected/installed. I didn't see any updated drivers on Sammy's website. Thoughts? I also don't have OpenGL support, so Minecraft isn't working.

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

7. Paco Bedejo

Paco Bedejo Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Zukunft105

Zukunft105 Pen Pal - Newbie

hdmi out working fine here....have a 27" Display on my slate all day long

9. mstoller

mstoller Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone had any issues installing the Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8 (win8_64_15280b)?

As soon as I reboot my Slate after the install, the screen starts rotating - and it doesn't stop rotating.
    I've had to uninstall the HD graphics to get rid of this issue (which is not as easy as it sounds when the screen keeps flipping another 90 degrees every 2 seconds)
    I thought it might be the rotation sensor/accelrometer driver, but I believe that I have the latest update for that installed (5_ST_Micro_Rotation_Sensor_64bit - 03/06/2012 1.7.11.6)
    I was hoping the new HD graphics would clear up the occasional hangs I've been seeing on Release Preview since updating from Windows 7.

10. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It might not matter if it's older; the Microsoft drivers almost never include OpenGL and the Intel ones often do. Might be worth a try, because the Intel drivers only included OpenGL for my PC, a Dell XT2 with GMA4500 graphics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.