Windows 8 + Onenote 2010 = random freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by SDreamer, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem. After using OneNote 2010 for an extended period of time, input seems to freeze on the desktop app and launching other apps. The only thing I can do is bring out the charms menu and switch apps. The only fix is to sign out, I can't even bring up the task manager to kill OneNote. I've tried this on several new installs, and Office is fully updated. So annoying, especially since it's my finals week. I'll have to go back to Windows 7, but are there any work arounds? I know that there's a pinch-to-zoom bug for OneNote mentioned somewhere on the internet regarding Windows 8, but has anyone had these random freezing as well?

2. Lion_IX

Lion_IX Pen Pal - Newbie

I had problems with about a week ago where it kept crashing (after ink to text) and also it would stop working when I tried to do math add-in graphing. I haven't had any issues recently (doing notes in class in a synced notebook). Possibly some of the issues were/are being resolved as updates come out.

3. DTrump

DTrump Pen Pal - Newbie

Just saw your post on this. Glad it isn't just me. Having the same problem on occasion on my Samsung 7 Slate running Windows 8. Really frustrating, as you already know, but glad it doesn't appear to be hardware-related.

Luckily, I run a Win7/Win8 dual boot, but I hate having to drop out of Win8 for just one app, even if reboot is ridiculously fast. Hopefully MS is aware of the issue (you would think this is one of the things their telemetry reports back to them), and a fix comes out for the Win8 RC, if not much sooner.

4. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

So, I just read a thread on the official Microsoft forums and one guy says that the fix is converting the notebooks back to 2007 (Right-click the notebook, click properties - Convert)

I also had the issue, but my fix was simply disabling the automatic synchronization with Skydrive.

5. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

i have issue as well. i will try the fix of disabling the sync with skydrive.

i wonder when they are going to fix the pinch to zoom bug, that needs to be rectified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.