Windows 8 Interface for tablets

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by crawdaddy, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Okay, thanks! I prefer 4:3 over 16:9 or even 16:10 screens, especially for portrait use, but 16:10 is better than 16:9. I was unaware the EP121 had 16:10. The new Fujitsu Q550 has 16:10 also. this is good...it shows the industry is pushing back against the 16:9 widescreen laptop display.

Now when can we have 16:11?

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Isn't 16:12 = 4:3 screen?

3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. ifonline

ifonline Pen Pal - Newbie

Blogs and blog authors aren't about factual news reports, they are about driving people to the website for ad revenue. This "article" doesn't shock me in the least.

5. Javier_1964

Javier_1964 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi :)

Quote taken from the link you posted.

:eek:

April´s fools day in june? I´s this for real?

Most of the article is beyond ridiculous (IMO) good for a few laughs though :D

Regards

6. JimDandy

JimDandy Scribbler - Standard Member

The guy who wrote that article is a Mac whore and this Asus tablet proves him wrong at almost every turn. Many of the early negative reviewers of the EP121 were quickly shut up when someone actually tried one and showed them what it can really do. Anyone that tries to write a review about a product they can’t actually use is wasting the planet's oxygen.

The other thing to consider is that most die-hard Mac users aren’t going to give a good Windows tablet a fair shake, and the reverse is true for die-hard Windows users critiquing an iPad. It’s an unfair comparison from either perspective.

I mean, after all the iPad is just an overgrown iPod, right, running the same OS, and that’s small potatoes compared to a full operating system like Windows running on a typical desktop…Apple itself knows this since they have a desktop/laptop operating system wholly different from the iPad OS. As Apple tries to expand their iPad apps into true productivity tools that today require a real computer, they will find out that they too need more processing power in the iPad to keep up. So essentially, Microsoft is working top-down, Apple is trying to work bottom-up. Eventually, the processing power will be so great in these smaller packages that Apple’s Leopard/Lion (whatever it’s called these days) will run well on an iPad leaving Apple to wonder why they have two operating systems to keep up while Microsoft will have only one in this space that serves both platforms.

It’s no different than the comparison that my Toyota Hybrid can’t compete with a Hummer off-road, nor can the Hummer compete with the Toyota at saving gas. Trying to compare the two is wrong in either case.

end of rant...

7. dceggert

Yep! You got it... :)

8. dceggert

Oh my, more useless drivel. Read some of the HTC Flyer reviews by these 'experts' to get a true understanding of their perspectives. Over at engadget.com they panned the Fujitsu Q550 as nothing more than a waste of space because it used a pen (N-trig digital pencil in this case). It was another waste of a Windows 'tablet' that was so yesterday.

Engadget also reviewed the Flyer and praised its ingenuity for using a pen, even though nothing but 'notes' used it yet.

Go figure....:rolleyes:

My take on it is they are 'pro-anything' that is not Windows. Hence, the Apple/Linux/Android/MeGo/Anything other than Windows love affair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.