Windows 8 Installed!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by SDreamer, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidab

davidab Pen Pal - Newbie

I posted this in the Asus EP121 forum, but thought it might be useful here as well.

If you want an on-screen keyboard that has more keys (eg Function keys, home, end, page up & down etc) then search for "On Screen Keyboard". It seems to be a lot better for use with the stylus. And it has an option to show a numeric keypad.
    Interestingly it is a windowed application that can appear on top of the start screen...

2. Cbs

Cbs Pen Pal - Newbie

It's getting weird,

is there anybody getting this "C:\windows\system32\userenv.dll" - bad image problem when running any .exe ?

As I found no particular thing in google. It could then be only my PCs.

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I think that if you install Windows 8 with the ATI GPU active, drivers install just fine. You can also try to install them in Windows 7 compability mode.

My first W8 install I had the Intel GPU active and everytime I tried to install the Catalyst drivers I had a permanent black screen.

No ideia on how to fix the brightness issue though.

4. Cbs

Cbs Pen Pal - Newbie

Screen Brightness Solved for me, I'm feeling the partitioning has something to do with stability.

I failed 1000 times with USB installing, lots of :) screen, failure to load some DLL, unable to install most of drivers, PC just crash without doing anything...

So I stop using bootable USB, just daemon tool to mount it within W7, then go to x:\sources\setup.exe (don't use autorun or it'll just upgrade ur W7, which you don't want.. you're WARNED)

I follow Seketh, disable Intel graphic, install ATI driver from HP website, then it just WORKS, including screen brightness. (don't forget to run W7 compatibility)

Now I have W7 at C: and W8 at F:, W8 even operate in local "F:" instead of "C:", which somehow, things just work.

I guess W8 somehow fails to distinguish the W7/8 system when running in C: with multiple "C:" OS partitions.

However, I can't install .NET 3.5 which required for switchable graphic... how do you guy do it?

5. A30N

A30N Technologist

When you install the ATI driver from the HP website, about halfway through it will ask you to enable Windows Features. You need to enable and download them (.NET 3.5 does not come with Windows 8) and after setup completes, you need to uninstall the entire drivers package, and then reinstall them. Switchable Graphics will only work if it's installed AFTER the .NET 3.5 is installed, which is why you have to uninstall the ATI drivers and reinstall them.

6. Cbs

Cbs Pen Pal - Newbie

No luck for me then, after a zillion of try, I still unable to enable the feature, it just kept saying unable to download........

nvm.... I'll be back when RTM.

7. A30N

A30N Technologist

Unable to download, hmmmm....make sure you're connected to a stable high-speed internet connection. You can also manually download the .NET 3.5 redistributable and install it in compatibility mode, or go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > and place a check mark next to all the .NET 3.5.1 features and sub-features, then reboot.

8. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this keyboard also offers the nav option which just displays useful navigation keys. Useful for us tablet users. Still disappointed with the TIP, hope they're still working on it. Restricting it to two lines is a horrible idea IMO.

9. Egomaniacal1

Egomaniacal1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Any way to download and install WMC7?

10. Alceste

Alceste Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everybody! I've successfully installed Win8 and although I generally like its looks and feels, I experienced too many disadvantages using it. So I decided to go back to Win7. however there is one feature I would love to take with me, that is Internet explorer. That thing is just plain awesome now (except for the fact that they did not include text reflow..). Is there anyway to do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.