Windows 8 Installed!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by SDreamer, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm trying to install the 64-bit version over my W7 x64. Is there a way to keep everything like installed applications? When I'm trying to install via windows I only have an option to keep personal files only. When trying to install normally by booting via USB drive I'm stuck at searching for drivers (CD/DVD drivers actually, so it's kinda funny). Any tips?

2. shishi

shishi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a TM2 1000 CTO.
    I tried installing Windows 8 but at the beginning of the process when the installer is checking the computer, it tells me I cannot install it on my machine because "it does not support ACPI". I updated the BIOS from F.02 to F.0B and the problem persists. I uninstalled and re-installed the ACPI service under Devices > Battery.

Any ideas why the W8 installer thinks my TM2 does not support ACPI?

Thanks

3. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone get auto rotate or the rotate button to work. I've installed both the HP quick launch and firmware programs, but no luck.

4. CKtalon

CKtalon Pen Pal - Newbie

Similar specs as you, and the same thing happened at least 3 times. I reinstalled, used the new Refresh PC method and System Restore to get back to a working screen.

I'm feeling there's no love for my TM2. I so want that Samsung tablet!

5. Clyzm

Clyzm Pen Pal - Newbie

So I just got it installed, and it's pretty impressive for such an early build.

The system cold boots in 18(!) seconds, the UI is fairly nice, and pretty much everything except ATI and the orientation switch button works out of the box.

In terms of performance, zero lag on my first generation core 2 duo 1.3ghz.

6. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

Just an update, I got my system running W7 again. If it screws up for anyone else and you lose the option to use the BIOS just shut down the computer and unplug it + take the battery out. Then take off the cover for the RAM sticks and unplug the RTC battery for like 5 minutes (it's just above the WLAN chip, you'll see two wires going into a connector connecting it to the system board) and then put it all back together

7. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

I had a cold boot in about 8 seconds, that's including logging in.

Some other things I found out with more use. Spell check. In Metro IE10, it seems auto speller kicks in. In everything else, I haven't seen it, but things do get highlighted when they're spelt wrong. Another thing I found is if you line your mouse to the left side where you swipe out, scrolling lets you scroll through open apps before actually switching to it. More things I found out, scrolling is broken throughout the Metro Start Screen using a mouse....

8. Clyzm

Clyzm Pen Pal - Newbie

Strange, I just restarted again and had a faster boot o_O. Can't complain. Around 10 seconds now too.

9. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Alright so I need some help here. I initially installed windows 8 on a 20gb partition but decided to add another 20 from my windows 7 partition. So I shrunk the windows 7 one and moved and extended my windows 8 partition. Apparently that was a bad thing to do. I couldn't boot into either OS so I reinstalled windows 8, but now I have no way of booting up windows 7, it doesn't show up in the boot loader. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

EDIT: I finally fixed the problem by using a windows 7 repair disc installed to a usb drive.

10. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

In case someone encounters the same issue as I did: The driver the installer was requesting turned out to be the broadcom wifi driver. The issue is that when I try to install the driver my windows currently has I get a "couldn't install error", and hwne I try to install the driver provided by HP (and point the installer to the correct swsetup folder) I get a strange error of "no new devices found".
    Conclusion: No clean install possible so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.