Windows 8 - getting to the corner of the screen

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by lozmatic, Jun 2, 2012.

1. lozmatic

lozmatic Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've got Win 8 preview on my TX2 but find it hard to use it in tablet mode.

There is no chance I can erach the very bottom left corner to get the start screen thingy up.

Generally, navigation is harc / impossible with the pen.

Is this a calibration issue potentially?

2. Seketh

Seketh Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

You can't use the bottom left corner in Tablet mode to bring up the Start Screen. (You can with the pen, but it's hard to do it)

To bring up the Start Screen with touch or pen, swipe from right to left on the right side of the screen to bring up the charms menu and the "Start" button. Try to start the movement outside the screen area, in the bezel. It can be a little uncomfortable, but it works. On my girlfriend's tx2500 it works, and the touch on that thing is terrible.

Be sure to check out some videos of Windows 8 in youtube for tips and tricks, there are quite a few new things to learn. The final version of Windows 8 will actually include a tutorial.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  3. taoyue

taoyue HP Elitebook 2740p