Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Some new drivers provided by kontra on the sister site NotebookReview @ http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...xxx-dv5-2xxx-g32-cq32-envy-14-1xxx-intel.html

Some things to note:
    • I tried the 16.2.10.13 Synaptics driver, and still have trouble with left edge swipe. It does include a section in the settings now to supposedly enable or disable edge swipes along with description, however, no actually option is able to be ticked on or off. Scrolling does seem to work a bit more reliably now though.
    • The newer validity driver doesn't seem to work for me, it installs, but the devices refuses to startup. HOWEVER, it does come with a newer wbfddk to be installed which might help some.

You might want to try installing the newer DDK that is provided with the newer driver, maybe try the newer driver as well. Also that Wacom driver you got from Fujitsu is apparently the latest beta driver from them. It does fix that tiny keyboard driver.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Stefandroid

Stefandroid Pen Pal - Newbie

After another restore I finally got the drivers to install. Apparently even though the 12.9 drivers are Windows 8 compatible, you still need to use Windows 7 compatibility mode to get them to install correctly.

I can confirm the problem of having a black screen whenever coming out of sleep on the AMD drivers. This is a pretty unfortunate bug and will probably force me to leave my laptop on the Intel drivers all the time.

3. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

I tried the new driver but the device cannot start. I tried the older driver with the new DDK, and I still have the same trouble trying to register fingerprints. Thanks for the try though.

4. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Just letting you guys know that I'll update this thread when I buy and install Windows 8 on the Tm2, a lot of drivers on the first post are outdated.

5. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

im getting the win 8 pro, just waiting to see how the upgrade is done from win 7.
    Have win 8 installed as vhd and got the switchable graphics working, as i remember its just wacom that is not working.

on gen 1 version.

6. FaultyYogurt

FaultyYogurt Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here on the black screen when returning from sleep (screen itself is on but the backlight is off). I didn't install on Win7 compatibility mode and that is the only problem I have on the graphics side using the leshcat 12.9 drivers...still a very annoying problem. Fresh from scratch install of Win8 release version.

Looks like I'll have to read through these comments some to try and figure out how to get the screen rotation/button rotation and the fingerprint sensor working...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  7. newbie2010

newbie2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey folks!

Thanks a ton for this extremely informative thread!

One quick question though: I noticed that the main post showing links to the various drivers has been updated quite recently. Does anyone know if the drivers on [Drivers] HP dm4-1XXX / dv5-2XXX / G32 / CQ32 / ENVY 14-1XXX (INTEL) also work on the first generation tm2's? Or would I have to look somewhere else for those?

For me, most of the stuff worked right out of the box (including the pen support, though I did not yet test the pressure sensitivity ...), but I would be much more at ease if I could actually install some drivers manually. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Can anyone confirm confirm that QuickLaunch 3.0.5 (3.00 A5) isn't working?

9. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for this, I will be using this once I get windows 8. (I've paid for it, but the advisor had an error and took my money without giving me anything, hopefully microsoft will follow up what they said in support call and provide a download link).

10. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for posting the updated driver list. Do you know how what I need to install to get HP Wireless Assistant back, or at least be able to use the bluetooth on my tm2 because right now it doesn't even show up in device manager.