Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I use the SP52180 package without any issues. I install it in Windows 7 compatibily mode, and then apply the fix I posted on the first post of this thread.

I believe the latest AMD drivers you can install on top of those are the AMD Catalyst 12.x 9.001 September 4 release. Anything beyond that has the brightness control broken and/or other issues. You might still have to use the Leshcat Brightness utility to fix the brightness. Just run the utility before you install the 12.x September 4 drivers to see the correct value, then input that value after installation.

That's a good ideia. I'll look into it when I have the time!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. mixaelyz

mixaelyz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much! was wondering if intel rotation fix in OP was still to be done. Beside the updated control panel is there something else I'm missing installing 12.xx instead of 13.xx? I read something about Hardware acceleration but I couldn't understand what was it referring to!

Also +1 for the repository

3. THE_CD

THE_CD Pen Pal - Newbie

Can I parform an update to 8.1 with that set of drivers installed (Leshcat Catalyst_12.9_Sep4_UnifL).
    Anyone tried that ? ?

4. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys,

I created this group on FB (a private one) where people who's having problem with 8,1 can help each others.

I'm from Italy and I'm looking for a solution with the Video driver.

Here's the group's link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610284739017786/

Hoping that would be useful.

5. ju1da

ju1da Pen Pal - Newbie

I did, but failed!
    After struggling hard with leshcat driver and failed, this is what I have done to make the VGA drivers worked in my HP tm2-2151nr with windows 8.1 (should also work in Win8):
    1. Install all needed win 8/8.1 drivers from this link, except the display driver: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-touchsmart-tm2-wacom/48541-windows-8-drivers.html
    2. Open: “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System” or “Control Panel\System and Security\System”, Choose “Advance System Settings”, then click Hardware Tab in System Properties. Select Device Installation Settings, Choose: (1) No, let me what to do; and (2) Never install driver software from windows update.
    3. Download “Driver Fusion free Software” from here Driver Fusion - The Complete Device And Driver Solution and Install it. No need premium/pro version, free version is enough!
    4. Boot in safe mode (without network connection): Use Google about how to boot in safe mode in Win 8/ 8.1
    5. Open Device Manager, uninstall any ATI/AMD and Intel Display adapter Drivers, choose delete the drivers if prompted. If there is no drivers marked with ATI/AMD or Intel, any standard or Basic Display Drivers should not be deleted (some says it could lose the ability to install new display drivers, be careful).
    6. Run Driver Fusion as Admin, delete all AMD and Intel “Display” drivers
    7. Reboot in normal mode, I suggest do not connect internet, although it may no problem because we have do the second step.
    8. Install new HP display drivers for windows 7 (mine is 64bit), refer to your model in HP support site. I install Intel first then AMD ATI. Reboot!
    Note: For my Notebook, I did not run it in compatibility mode because the windows did not ask for it, just run as admin. I am not sure for other models.
    9. That’s it! Display drivers works like a charm! Perfect, like in windows 7.
    May help you all guys!

6. mixaelyz

mixaelyz Pen Pal - Newbie

attempt 3 - success!
    fresh win 8.1 (MSDN) install
    SP52180 again - brightness OK, rotation broken on intel
    Installed AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.001 September 4).
    Applied Intel rotation fix.
    WIN! (didn't even have to apply brightness fix!)

*edit: details*
    - installed SP52180 in Win7 comp. mode
    - tried installing Catalyst 12.x in wi7 comp. mode, it stuck @1/3 of the bar. installed fine without compatibility
    - brightness works on AMD and intel, even after resuming from sleep

7. ihaveahptm2

ihaveahptm2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I just updated my TM2t-2100CTO from windows 7 to 8.1 and was wondering if there is any chance that you can update the links for the drivers in this form. Right now, the graphic driver link and HP Simple pass links seem to be broken. Any chance that they can be updated?

Thanks!
    Jonathan

8. THE_CD

THE_CD Pen Pal - Newbie

9. rey_lagarto

rey_lagarto Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello men, the link of Dellon driver is broken,
    Please, you can upload it again?.
    Thank you!!!!.

10. NightShadow

NightShadow Pen Pal - Newbie

Attempting to install windows 8.1 on my tm2 1100 but encountering screen flicker then reboot bug. Not sure which driver is causing it but I'm suspecting leshcats and drivers

edit: looks like it was the newer leshcat drivers that were causing problems. staying on 13.12 and it seems to be going smooth so far. brightness adjustment only works on Intel HD graphics though.

also having an issue with my stylus's button not behaving as a "right click".

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015