Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Maybe, shouldn't cause any major issues if you try them and they don't work.

Here's a tip, use one of the dozens of driver identifier apps on the web to find the latest device drivers. Be sure to triple check if they are the right ones before installing and always create a restore point!

3. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, I always thought those were just garbage, but I'll try one out. :) Do you have a recommendation? I found this one; Driver Identifier - The largest driver collection for all laptops & desktops., but the website looks a bit dodgy.

4. mixaelyz

mixaelyz Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all guys!
    First of all a HUGE thanks for all your efforts to make avaiable all the infos on Win8 and our HP TM2 (gen2 2101sl here ;-) )

i made a dozen of attempts to make switchable graphics work ( following leshcat manual step by step) but i had no luck.
    Now i reinstalled win8 for the third time and before massing up things again i'd like to have a word from you:
    If someone would help me i'd be really grateful:

1 Should I install any HP driver (in compatibility mode i suppose) first? If yes which one? tried SP52180 but i had no luck
    2 If i want brightess issue fixed i must use 12.11 Enduro leshcat package right ? (and then the Leshcat brightness utility)
    3 Installing only the driver means i must let the leshcat package uncompress and then install the driver manually from device manager?
    4 What package should install to get the switching app ( i never managed to get it whatever attemps i tried)

Thanks !

5. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

I'm now using Windows 8.1 RTM and I managed to get the native Windows fingerprint support working.
    I installed the WBFDDK from SP52432, which I think is 4.3.188.0, followed by HP SimplePass 6.0.100.272 from SP61399, then pointed the unknown device in Device Manager to the drivers in the DDK installer folder and the reader was finally detected. This may not be the best way, just way I did.

[​IMG]

I'm still getting everything else up to speed, but one thing I noticed was that with the newest Synaptics drivers I installed, the touchpad's LED has been reversed so that it's lit whenever the touchpad is enabled, rather than disabled. Perhaps an older driver will work different?

6. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

the latest HP drivers should fix that.any older HP driver should work too. Also the ones that install through Windows Update. If you install generic synaptic drivers you'll get that issue.

7. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

I had used the actual Synaptics drivers before without issue, but I managed to find somewhat up to date HP ones instead that do work and have Windows 8 gestures. Thanks.

The last thing I have to do is get switchable graphics working. So far Windows 8.1 doesn't like any of the AMD drivers I have installed. I have a gen 1 tm2 with the HD4550. Device manager just claims the device cannot start or something similar complaining about the driver, and then Catalyst complains there is no AMD hardware or some such. I tried using Leshcat's followed by the other mentioned two pages back. I could be doing something wrong if a more detailed walk through could be written. Any other combinations that work?

8. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I gave up trying using modded drivers in 8.1, I just installed the oficial HP package.

You could try some of the newest modded drivers posted over at the Guru3D forums, but I doubt any combination will work properly.

9. mixaelyz

mixaelyz Pen Pal - Newbie

a link to this package please.. i still couldn't manage to get brightness and rotation working :(

*edit*
    attempt 1 - fail!
    fresh win 8.1 (MSDN) install
    tried installing SP52180 first: brightness OK, rotation broken on intel.
    tried to install Dellon 12.11 B11 Hotfix 10 P6 V10.10 on top of SP52180, no luck: installation doesn't get complete, the installer stays undefinitely at 1/3 of the progress bar.

attempt 2 - partial fail
    fresh win 8.1 (MSDN) install
    SP52180 again - brightness OK, rotation broken on intel
    Installed unifl 13.9 PT UP2, lost brightness control on ATI (always maxed), rotation still broken on intel. Remarkably, UBR breaks brightess on intel without fixing it on ATI (setting to minimum turns the lamps off).

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  10. frysie

frysie Pen Pal - Newbie

Can we get a repository of most up-to-date recent drivers for each hardware for our gen 2-s. maybe a skydrive? would make it easier for all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015