Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. XperiAndri

XperiAndri Pen Pal - Newbie

Brightness control works, brightness present after wake up and after dehybernate.

So my algorithm (Windows 8 x64):
    1. Enable remote desktop
    2. Set Sleep action to power button
    3. Delete all the video drivers (except embedded which contains WDDM in the name):
      a) Uninstall Catalyst
      b) Delete drivers using Device Management
      [​IMG]
      c) If you have any more drivers installed, install them and delete like described in "b" until
      • AMD will contains only "ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)" and "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
        [​IMG]
      • Intel will contains "Intel(R) HD Graphics (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)" and "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
        [​IMG]
      d) If screen went black, pull power button to go to sleep and the wake up
      e) If "d" doesn't help, use remote desktop
    4. Reboot
    5. Download and install Driver Fusion
    6. Reboot to safe mode using Shift+F8 or msconfig
      [​IMG]
    7. Use Driver Fusion and delete Video drivers for ATI and Intel. If it will ask to try premium say NO.
    8. Reboot to normal mode (use msconfig again if used before)
    9. Download latest available HP driver SP50656
    10. Run, unpack and close installer
    11. Set Windows 7 compatibility mode for installer and install
    12. Check brightness control and that Hardware Video Acceleration doesn't work (green screen)
    13. Download Dellon Catalyst 12.11 Modded Driver For Legacy GPU 10.6.1 x64
      (Now you can use Dellon Catalyst 12.11 Modded Driver For Legacy GPU 10.6.3 x64 instead)
    14. Unpack and install
    15. Use Win 8 (Apps N Flash).cmd from Administrator from folder DX9 Switcher New BETA 4.8 to enable Hardware Video Acceleration

Enjoy!

x86 modded driver you can find here
    Not tested by me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. XperiAndri

And don't forget to close all the apps that can use GPU before applying Win 8 (Apps N Flash).cmd
    To be sure that every operation was performed, you can run CMD from administrator (Win+X), copy path to Win 8 (Apps N Flash).cmd and paste to CMD
    Then run.
    If somewhere 0 is present as result of copy action you didn't closed all the apps.
    Close them and run Win 8 (Apps N Flash).cmd again

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

@XperiAndri.

That's a little overcomplicated. You could just install the latest available official drivers, SP52180, and then install the 12.9 or 12.x (9.001 September 4) over that. Everything should work.

The end result will be the same, and they should even more updated than the modded 12.11 for Legacy GPU's, since those modded drivers use a lot of files from the old branch to suport the HD4000 series and below...

4. XperiAndri

5. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

So, Windows 8.1 seems to work fine.

The display drivers I used were the Leshcat 12.11 Enduro, signed but with DSE active. I installed only the driver and then installed the full Dellon Catalyst modded package over that. Everything is working fine, including brightness, after I used Leshcat Brightness utility to change the value to F840.

Only bug I've encountered so far is with the Synaptics driver, there's stuttering on scrolling, it's not smooth..

6. XperiAndri

I'm already on 8.1 too
    What about waking up from hibernation on AMD card? And what about sleep on Intel?

7. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

Anyone figured out a way to get the fingerprint reader working with the native support in 8.1?

Windows 8.1 FingerPrint support - YouTube

Edit: I reinstalled the fingerprint driver in the OP and restarted. This is as far as it gets.
    Screenshot (87).jpg -> Screenshot (86).jpg
    What a tease.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  8. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Does the simple pass software no longer work? Also I think I'm running Leshcat's 12.9 drivers right now, would updating to windows 8.1 require me to reinstall video drivers?

9. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

I never got it to work with Windows 8, although I was fed up with it and stopped trying or looking into it further. Not bothering to try it now.
    If you're installing 8.1 though Windows 8, on top of it, then everything should remain installed.

10. XperiAndri