Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacegravity4me

spacegravity4me Pen Pal - Newbie

So as far as the gpu and batt life issues are concerned, are we just stuck with that? I called myself looking at the thread. Please help meh. :confused:

2. newr

newr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, just new to this and I've read through most of the posts and still have some questions.

I have a TM2 2100CTO icore 5 switchable graphics with ATI 5000. Just upgraded to Windows 8...it seems the only issue windows keep saying is the ATI catalyst and some printer software I have. However, I did notice the wifi seem to be much slower than normal.

Can someone please kindly tell me what drivers I should install manually to get it working as it's supposed to? I read the 1st post saying to install chipset etc.. from another set of models..just want to make sure that is works.

Also, can I simply resinstall the ATI drivers from the version on HP for TM2 as windows 7 compatibility? I've read somewhere someone said they installed the old driver and then the new one from ATI. Can I install the windows 8 drivers from ATI for Radeon 5000 etc? it doesn't say mobile version.

Thanks for all your help.

3. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

Surprised to see it isn't on here yet, but i've just tried the leshcat 12.11 beta 11 win8 and it seems to just about solve the black screen on resuming from sleep with the ATI card.

I say 'just about' because there are a couple of anomalies - when I put the laptop to sleep, the screen sometimes goes completely white for a couple of seconds before doing so (weird, but I can live with that). Also, it takes about 10-15 seconds after resuming for the display to wake up (Also something I can live with, but slightly annoying because with intel graphics resuming is almost instant)

Edit: after some playing around and a couple of reboots later, the second problem seems to have gone away, now resumes instantly on both ati and intel. First problem still remains intermittently though

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Does changing screen brightness work under both cards?

5. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

Not under ATI with latest leshcat drivers for me. But flash performance is much better and I don't use ATI much

EDIT: So brightness doesn't work on either for me, and switching to intel no longer works...

EDIT2: Brightness sort of works on intel, but if you go too low the screen just turns off and you have to turn it back up, put it into sleep then wake it back up again to get it back

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. me8myself

me8myself Pen Pal - Newbie

Is that with the brightness resolver?

7. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a look at that but in the end I just reverted back to the previous drivers. Wouldn't recommend you update from the 12.9 drivers from my experience

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  8. teknalium

teknalium Pen Pal - Newbie

About Wifi problem, try to change your WPK to TKIP encryption instead of AES.
    You still can install the AIT switchable Driver from HP with compatible mode. However the rotation switch won't work.

9. Fa310tx

Fa310tx Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok...
    I'm still kind of confused on what's gen1 and what's gen2.
    I have a tm2t-1100 (i5 / radeon 5450).
    It seems like it's a gen1, but I thought i5 / radeon 5450 were gen2 parts.
    JJ

10. Dynamist

Dynamist Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm referring to the generation of Intel processor, not the generation of the TM2. If I'm not mistaken all TM2's use GEN 1 Intel processors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.