Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me8myself

me8myself Pen Pal - Newbie

I could not get it to work. beta 4 and beta 6 both current tell me I do not have the right card to continue with install. Although go for it, couldn't hurt to try.

2. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

I went with the 12.9 drivers. Video now works in metro IE, which is all I really wanted

EDIT: How can I remove the Test Mode watermark from the desktop after I've installed leshcat drivers?

EDIT2: Do I need to keep the recovery partition now that I have no trace of windows 7 on here?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Only way to remove the watermark I think is to disable test mode
    Code:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    I'm not sure if this will have any bad affects on your drivers after disabling test mode, especially if you run x64.

In regards to the recovery partition, that's totally up to you. If you plan on selling it, maybe its worth while to keep. If you have it backed up on another hard drive or burned them to DVDs using HP's system recovery tools, you can definitely remove it.

4. Dynamist

Dynamist Pen Pal - Newbie

You can remove the watermark using My WPC Watermark Editor included in Leshcat's UnifL installer from 12.10+. It is under the UnifL Tools menu. If that is too much of a hassle you can just search engine "My WPC Watermark Editor" instead.

5. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, the WPC watermark editor worked for me. I tried disabling the test mode using bcdedit but when I rebooted the leshcat display drivers did not load and I was left with default low res drivers.

What is actually in the recovery partition? I created a recovery dvd but obviously that isn't the same thing and the recovery partition takes up 25GB. Is it just an image of windows 7 with the hp software included? I don't have a HP_TOOLS partition because I removed that to make room for a windows 8 preview partition.

6. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Even though it's 25 gigs I don't think it's actually filled all the way, but it is essentially the same stuff on the recovery DVD. I've restored from either, and it is the same. So if you have the DVD, and the DVD does work then you can go ahead and pretty much delete it. The HP_TOOLS was just the diagnostic tools. You can always reinstall that by downloading the tools from HP.

7. preevy

preevy Pen Pal - Newbie

Question about the leshcat drivers. I installed the 12.9 since everyone was having good luck with it but for some reason it'll work for a bit but then when I'm on the intel graphics card and I click on configure switchable graphics it gives me an error (see photo) Was wondering which option I should select when installing, legacy w/ or w/o the additions or modern. I'm also getting internet explorer errors when loading some pages. model tm2t-2100

2012-11-14 18.30.58.jpg

8. Daeda

Daeda Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I'm on a first gen TM2 and I seem to be having some trouble with regards to my battery life in W8 (which I suspect is due to some driver issues) I installed all drivers on the HP page (most of them in W7 compatibility) and so far only Bluetooth seems to not work.

The issues Im experiencing is basically a very loud fan, probably a HDD that is overly active and battery life around 3 hours (which is about half from what im used to) I had a similar problem in the Release Preview, but that seemed to have gotten fixed by installing the drivers. So far no luck however.

Any ideas?

9. Daeda

Daeda Pen Pal - Newbie

EDIT/Sorry for DP: Im suspecting the issue has to do with the intel drivers. When I install them I get an error saying the driver oculd not be verified. Anyone got this/solved this? Didnt occur on Release Preview

10. Dynamist

Dynamist Pen Pal - Newbie

Update to 12.10, this version fixes the issue.

EDIT: You should only install the drivers for GEN 1

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.