Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. amcolian

amcolian Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone please help me. I have a HP tm2 2100ee that doesn't want to work.
    I install fresh Win 8 Pro and after installing Intel Chipset drivers with Windows 7 compatibility and .NET 2,3 & 3.5 the screen goes black with just mouse pointer visible.
    What should I do?
    Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 running Jellybean!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Stefandroid

Stefandroid Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using Leshcat 12.9 and youtube works in metro IE on Intel for me at least.

3. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

Right, my fingerprint issues turned out to be device manager picking up the wrong drivers from the swsetup folder for some reason. Explicitly pointing it to the VFS301 driver made it install properly and the reader works now.

Next problem. HP simplepass now keeps pinning itself to the taskbar. Very annoying. I found a thread about this happening in an earlier version (.244), and this was supposed to be fixed in .252, which is what im using :/

Also, I can't get the screen rotate working, but I haven't really looked into that one yet...

4. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Screen rotate requires the stock QuickLaunch and HP Software Framework to be installed. It can take a few seconds up to a minute for it to kick in though on Windows 8. I know using newer versions of Quick Launch can break the screen rotate button, but I haven't tried out the latest package yet.

5. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

So no fix for the slow rotate button? I have the 1.st gen one.

Installed HP Software Framework v.4.6.10.1 and HP Quick Launch Buttons_ Version 6.50.18.1.

Tried the button yesterday, but got impatient and changed rotation in ati 12.6 and a few seconds later the screen rotated.

6. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

I know once it rotates, using it again is much quicker, but still a lot slower than it was on Windows 7. I wish Windows 8 just had a screen rotate option where the screen orientation lock is or something....

EDIT: Looks like the mouse drivers work correctly for every HP laptop but ours... I just tested it on my first gen dv5t, and it works like a charm! Here we're still lacking left swipes... really lame.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

There's the Windows Mobility Center. (Right click the Power icon.)

Rotation is instant. Maybe pinning it to the taskbar and use that.

New leshcat drivers are out. Seem to be more stable, and no more crashes in IE.

8. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

I just updated to leshcats 12.10 drivers and I noticed that I can no longer control screen brightness on the the ATI card. Am I the only one with this problem? I tried both installing over the old drivers and uninstalling the amd drivers first, but neither works.

9. me8myself

me8myself Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you try cleaning with driver sweeper before hand?

EDIT: I am receiving the same issue from updating. I see no real perk to upgrading. Looks like the black screen still exists. I would suggest sticking with 12.9

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  10. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone tried the 12.11 beta4 drivers? Currently in the process of installing all the drivers on windows 8, should I just go with 12.9 for now?