Windows 8 Drivers

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Stefandroid

Stefandroid Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this true? Might this be a better option than Leshcat 12.9 especially because of the black screen on waking up bug?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. me8myself

me8myself Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for all the work you have put into this. I really appreciate it.

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure how bluetooth works on the Tm2. Did you install the correct drivers for your module?

Try installing that and the HP Connection Manager, which I believe replaces the HP Wireless Assistant.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. pttuan89

pttuan89 Pen Pal - Newbie

While Installing the validity sensor driver in the 1st post, my screen became totally blacked. Waited for 10' and had to cold reboot. But it was still black. Luckily I had earlier restore point.

5. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks it worked. Not only was I able to turn on Bluetooth, but that software also had a wifi hotspot functionality built in which could come in handy.

6. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone had any luck with the fingerprint reader? I had it running perfectly for system logon in the release preview (cant remember how unfortunately), but in the actual win 8 release I cant get it working at all. The driver is detected fine in device manager, but there is no option for biometrics in control panel > system and security. I then installed HP simplepass, and under options, the 'use for windows logon' is blanked out, and I cannot get the reader to respond when I try website passwords. Furthermore, with Simplepass installed, I DO get an option for biometric devices in control panel, but clicking on it I get a message along the lines of 'there is no fingerprint reader installed or it is being managed by another program'.

Any ideas?

7. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

I installed both the drivers and software recommended in the first post of the thread (the links were recently updated in case you didn't check) and everything works fine. I'm able to login to windows and use it in chrome (only the desktop one not the metro app). I did have to enroll my finger prints by clicking enroll in the control panel screen for biometric devices to get it to work though.

Anyone have a solution to the left edge swipe not working?

8. newbie2010

newbie2010 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just add to that: finger print scanner works just fine for me as well. However, the login did not work at first for me too. What seems to have made the difference is switching to a local account in the user account setup (or right during installation). My guess is that there is some issue with the login to an online .live account I was not able to figure out (perhaps someone else has some ideas there?).

9. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Just to reiterate. Installing the finger print software from Authentic will disable power management to your fingerprint reader, thus preventing all your USB ports from turning off, thus sipping away at your battery. I suggest you enroll your fingerprints using the software, then uninstall WITHOUT deleting your profile. You can still login, but desktop IE and other browsers won't have the Simplepass plugin to sign in to website.

In regards to the trackpad, left swipe is very tricky to do. I was able to do it 3 times at random times. I would just wait for newer drivers and hope there is a fix in those.

BTW Wacom has posted a ne driver on their website, I haven't tested personally. (Latest is no 7.10-8).
    http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

For those with IntelHD graphics only (non-switchable), Windows Update has the latest driver 2858 vs the 2827 version on Intel's website. (If you want to tinker with installing drivers from Intel on our "legacy" graphics, you can follow this guide: http://www.neowin.net/news/how-to-install-legacy-intel-hd-graphics-drivers-on-windows-8 )

EDIT: Has anyone been able to run the Windows Assessment tool? I keep feeling at video playback? o_O

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  10. Person264

Person264 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone confirm that youtube and other video works in metro IE with the leshcat drivers on intel? When using the HP drivers the page crashes so the only way to watch youtube etc is to use desktop IE or switch to ATI graphics. I think that might be the reason the Windows Assessment tool fails, if you are running it on intel it might be trying html5 video which it doesn't like sometimes (in metro especially), from experience with the release preview anyway, haven't tried with leshcat drivers.