Windows 8 CP - drivers summary

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by NePheus, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tannerwooden

    tannerwooden Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    Ok, this is driving me bonkers. I still can't get the keyboard button to work. That isn't my main concern, however. I wanted to use that button for a work-around. I just got the EP121 to use for running home energy audit software. My hope was to be able to carry something around a house and input data with a pen. Once I get around the kinks inherent in anything new :) , I think I love the EP121 for this.

    To my problem: In the "Metro" side of Windows 8 CP, just tapping on any field brings up the keyboard/pen entry field at the bottom of the screen. However, this is not the case in the desktop side of things, where my energy auditing software runs. Probably 60% of my software is clicking on a field and selecting from a few options. A pen works wonderfully for this. Unfortunately, the other 40% is numerical data entry. On EVERY one of these, I have to tap my pen on the field and then tap again on the keyboard picture at the bottom of the screen. Very frustrating and time consuming.

    What I have tried so far:
    1. The tip popper software: Doesn't seem to do it's think on the windows 8 virtual keyboard.

    2. The Wacom pen click button: There is an option to open pen input on the Wacom configuration, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

    Any idea? Please? I am thinking of starting a dedicated thread for people who use this device professionally for something other than media. If you come up with a great solution, it'll be at the top of the thread!

    Thanks,
    Tanner
     
  2. NePheus

    NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Thread updated! Could an Admin please rename the thread-title to Windows 8 - drivers summary? (Just remove the "CP") Thanks!
     
  3. 299792458

    299792458 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    nice job....thanks for the good post. I've just finished installing drvs.

    On screen keyboard now officially sucks as im using it to type this post. This forum doesn't work with metro ie and metro keyboard? It hides itself before I can hit any key. ugh.


    what exactly is padkey and why is it needed? I get a little uncomfortable installing unknown things from unofficial sites and making them run at startup. :) working home button is nice though.
     
  4. bb_145

    bb_145 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    If you are worried about clicking on the link, the Padkey files are also available on the ASUS website.

    ASUS - Eee Families- ASUS Eee Slate EP121

    It is found under the "Hotkey Service Utility" in the Windows 7 64 bit drivers area.
     
  5. justin1230

    justin1230 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    15
    The keyboard button is working right now, but i still cannot get the home button works :(
     
  6. NePheus

    NePheus Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    The home button just emulates the win+tab function. Try to open 2 metro apps and then the button should work!
     
  7. 299792458

    299792458 Pen Pal - Newbie

    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Thanks....might be worth just mentioning in the first wiki post.
     
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page