Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by bates4068, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Elok

Elok Pen Pal - Newbie

With the pen? It was ok for me before i've downloaded any driver from ASUS website. I guess Windows update fixed it for me

2. Elok

Elok Pen Pal - Newbie

btw, anyone is able to use the mini HDMI?

3. Titi66200

Titi66200 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mini HDMI works fine.

4. BikeAR

BikeAR Pen Pal - Newbie

Help.

I did a format and install of Windows 8 CP by booting from the install media.

No bluetooth. Bluetooth was off before I did the install and now I cannot determine how to enable it. The Bluetooth Suite is listed under Programs, but will not run. Nothing in Control Panel. I have installed and reinstalled the WLAN driver several times. Under hardware, BT Bus and BT device (enable "Show hidden devices") do show up.

No external buttons. Installed Hotkey Service Driver Version v1.0.0.3 (under utilities for the b121) in what I assumed was Windows 7 compatibility mode. Nothing.

I feel like I am navigating two different OS's slapped together or a new desktop shell (i.e. Myrabyte Frontface) on top of Windows 7 using 8 CP. I love the touch interface enhancements but am becoming frustrated with the multiple Control Panels, etc. To actually accomplish anything, I have been forced to connect a USB mouse and kb.

Is my mistake the fresh install instead of an upgrade? An upgrade continued to give me the persistent "missing Asus ACPI" message on the desktop. Multiple driver installs from ASUS did not solve the problem, so I tried a fresh install.

Help!

*****Update: BT is now working. Downloaded and installed the ASUS Control Deck utility and used it to turn on the BT device. After installing drivers per other posts, Device Manager had listed the Bluetooth device (under "Show hidden devices") as not connected.

First, install .NET 3.51 SP1. Next, unzip the Control Deck installer, drill down and unzip the 1.0.11.0.rar file (use 7-zip or eqiv.). Run Setup. Works!

5. Esp

Esp Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any release date for Office 2012 beta? It is made especially for touch devices, isnt it?

6. Geth

Geth Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok I got everything working great after doing a clean Install,

However I am now having issues downloading or getting adobe Photoshop back on the device... It won't let me download from there website. Hep with this would be great.

7. haya-t

haya-t Pen Pal - Newbie

So... I installed Win8 CP on my external drive today... I kinda like the new touch options. A brand new feeling in my opinion. :)

Well. Now, I'm going to install Win8 on the SD card so I always have it with me... I can also use Win8 on other PC's this way. Just to need boot from the SD card (possible with an adapter).

I just want to know which works better/faster with the OS. The internal SDD or external SD? How do I compare them to each other? Any ideas?

8. parks1348

parks1348 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't get cut the rope to load on my EP121. The splash screen loads and nothing else happens.

9. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you just getting a black screen? Just let it sit there. I thought it was crashing for me, just took long to load. Wasn't like this initially though...