Windows 8 consumer preview on 2740p

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by Shogmaster, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Pretty f'n cool so far, but I can't get the driver for video to work for screen rotation. Anyone else had better luck with that?

2. peterf

peterf Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, screen rotation sucks on mine, too. I was really excited with the Developer preview, screen rotation was instant! Now it's back to Windows 7 behavior, with the flickering and taking about 2 seconds to rotate.

Or do you mean auto-rotation? I don't think the 2740p has the hardware for that. It does have an accelerometer for 3D drive guard, but I don't think that can be used, and it might even be in the HDD itself.

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Not auto. Via button or converting modes. Not working for me. Which driver is needed?

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A note on this; when I first got my 2730p a little over a year ago I installed the Tm2 Autorotate program and it worked fine, except it was 'offset' 90 degrees (so when held in primary portrait the screen would be rotated to Landscape, and so forth) but basically if one were to write a program like the Tm2 Autorotate one but with correct directions then it would work quite well; but I don't see much benefit to autorotation (I have it disabled on my F5 and anything else that has it)

5. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The rotate button works on my 2740p and auto rotates (but the wrong way for me)

I installed the chipset drivers then the framework after installing .net 2.0 (Turn features off or on). I couldn't download the button drivers from the 2740p section for some REALLY odd reason so tried the 2760p drivers. The rotate and volume work but the other two don't (Not looked for options yet). No speed issues with screen rotation.

Install order for anyone interested: :)
    -Already had Wi-fi
    -Chipset (Restart)
    -Framework
    -Docking station (Complained that DP wasn't supported but works fine)
    -Graphics (Restart)
    -Ethernet
    -Audio
    -Quick launch buttons (Restart)
    -Media card driver
    -Webcam (Doesn't seem to display using the Metro app)
    -Battery check

6. peterf

Can someone please answer: How long does rotation take on the CP for you? I have asked on multiple places but no one will respond to the question! If it won't auto-rotate, just set the rotation manually in the resolution page. Does it rotate instantly or does the screen flicker? Mine flickers on the CP and Windws 7, but on the DP was instant.

7. vap3

vap3 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi i was wondering if the 2730p supports muti touch gestures such as pinching and zooming in win 8 consumer preview?

8. Alexkass

Alexkass Pen Pal - Newbie

2730p has no touch

9. peterf

Has anyone had the touch keyboard mode switch button disappear? I can't seem to get anyone to respond to this question. I'm also still waiting for someone to respond about how long it takes to rotate their screen in the consumer preview.

10. onewinged

onewinged Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought the 2740p, I'm using Win8 pro 64bit, I'm trying to get auto rotate to work but haven't got anything. Need help...