Windows 8.1 Update 1 on Dell Venue 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by riot, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlmartinjr

jlmartinjr Pen Pal - Newbie

I clicked on the 8.1 Update 1 using the windows update, I got it started and away it went,
    However it appears that the machine went to sleep during the process and now when I try to start I go to the log in screen, enter my password and it gives me the twirling balls and on and on, then it goes back to the log in for about 10 seconds then the screen blanks, is there a way to interrupt the process to change my power management settings?

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just a report:

Downloaded and installed the Windows 8.1 Update 1 today and had no issues whatsoever, with the download and install or subsequent operation (but I'll have to check the operation out more fully later--I just completed the install, but everything seems fine).

Downloaded and installed the 10 or so most recent Windows 8.1 updates (apart from the Update 1) from this week's Patch Tuesday first, just to make sure that I had the most updated system before applying the Update 1. The Update 1 was around 425MB in size for me, and the download (on a fast WiFi connection) and install took about 45 minutes, including a couple of install reboots. A hint: if you have a basic DSL connection, you may want to download and install at your local library or other higher-speed source.

Based on the above, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Update 1 to others.

3. testingmic

testingmic Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you noticed after the updates the touch keyboard is decreasing in volume. It's not as loud as before and not really in sync with the system volume output. With the same level as before the updates , I can barely hear the clicking sound.

4. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

the first thing i do is turn off that clicking sound. it annoys the hell out of me.

5. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just checked and don't notice any difference whatsoever.

6. testingmic

testingmic Pen Pal - Newbie

7. seemebreakthis

seemebreakthis Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes people with different makes / models of machine are reporting this issue to MS. See this link Touch Keyboard Sound low after update - Microsoft Community

8. seemebreakthis

seemebreakthis Pen Pal - Newbie

9. strollin

strollin Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup, noticed that on mine.

10. Rebeljuice

Rebeljuice Pen Pal - Newbie

Every cloud.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.