Windows 8.1 supported on Asus ME400C

Discussion in 'Asus' started by joff81, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joff81

joff81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just decided to bite the bullet and buy a cheap ASUS ME400C and was wondering if windows 8.1 is supported or am I stuck with windows 8 without any future updates ???

Thanks

Joff

2. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi joff81. Windows 8.1 is supported on this device. There's currently an issue where the graphics drivers crash when being awoken from sleep (they do recover automatically, though) which causes the screen to be black for around 5 seconds when being awoken.

It's extremely irritating. MS are aware of the issue though and have reported a fix will be available at some point.

Tonitti and will567 like this.
  3. davidwes

davidwes Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a message that live updates were available. I ran it from desktop and it stalled at 50%. After an hour I stopped it. Ran it later and it finished. For software I got ME400C version 4.00 43mb 23/10/13 installed.

After installing that update windows 8.1 update appeared in the windows store. Has ANYBODY upgraded with no problems whatsoever?

I'm willing to take a risk, but if EVERYONE has issues with the 8.1 upgrade then I will stick with win 8.0

Thanks in advance for responding.

David

4. AmberLamps

AmberLamps Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been running 8.1 preview for a few months and the only problems have been the battery icon disappears on startup and the camera doesn't work. There are fixes for both of these issues tho.

My question is, Has anyone updated from 8.1 preview to 8.1 official yet? And if so, have you encountered any issues.

5. joff81

joff81 Pen Pal - Newbie

The main issue with 8.1 at the moment seems to be the graphics driver issue which seems to be resolved by downgrading the driver to the older one in the asus software package.

6. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Works well. Just the driver issue but that easily fixed. It will take a long time for the update just be patient and let windows slow process do its thang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.