Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Streets and Trips

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by dceggert, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

If you have a Windows 7 x64 machine and try to use Streets & Trips after installing the Win7 SP1 update from Windows Update you will find Streets & Trips unable to load. It hangs on the splash screen and does not go further. This seems to be the case with Streets & Trips 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Microsoft has a 'hotfix' for the issue, which you can read about here:

Streets & Trips stops responding at the startup screen in Windows 7

I can attest that the hotfix does in fact work. My Streets & Trips 2009 is now fully functional again.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

S&T is an odd product; although it is well developed, Microsoft has been very lackadaisical about maintaining it and updating it. User requests for improvements seem to be ignored, and this past year Microsoft actually skipped its annual update cycle (last version was 2011, current version was just issued and is 2013). "Construction updates," intended to capture significant changes in road conditions, hasn't worked in years.

I've used S&T for a long time and really like it, but it clearly isn't a Microsoft priority. Pity...

See Laptop GPS World if you are interested in GPS or mapping applications; it's a great site...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.