Windows 7 (x64) and T5010 issues

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by digs_nz, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digs_nz

digs_nz Scribbler - Standard Member

Didnt want to revive the old thread, it was a bit messy.

I have 2 concerns now about using Windows 7 64bit on my T5010.

1: Whenever my laptop is fully charged, then I use it on battery, at 99% it will give me a warning in windows saying my battery is low (3 hours left or something like that) then about 30 seconds later will go to sleep. Quite annoying.

2: I haven't tried it again, as I am avoiding the headache, but last time I tried the authentec drivers for the fingerprint scanner, the ATService basically cripples my computer unless I shut it off. Even using the so-called Windows 7 drivers provided by authentec.

Has anyone had these problems, and any luck solving them?

Thanks

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Your sure you first install wasn't a botched install? You seem to be the only one with these problems.

3. digs_nz

It didnt falter during the install process that I know of. Maybe I will give a re-install a shot when I have the time..

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I recommend it. For my 2710p, i would never go back from windows 7. Just make sure to update, most problems are fixed that way (surprisingly).

5. Ostiosis

Ostiosis Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having an issue where the screen orientation will not change when i convert my T5010 to tablet mode. I am using Windows 7 and just wondering if I missed the right driver or if anyone else is having this problem. It still locks the cd drive so I can't figure out what the problem is.

6. digs_nz

Ah. Have figured out about the authentec.. it seems I had done something right all along and I just had to configure my fingers for it.. So logging in now works properly with my fingerprint.

Ostiosis, I am having the same trouble, although I havent really bothered to find a solution, I just use the buttons to re-orientate..

7. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

The problem with the lack of automatic screen orientation is not particularly exclusive to Win 7. In fact, even upgrades to Vista Ultima would create the same problem. Apparently, during the upgrade process, a specific Fujitsu driver is overwritten by a Windows generic driver. So far, Fujitsu has not identified the offending piece of code. I think that we will have a solution when Win 7 is officially released and not before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.