Windows 7 Upgrade Problem w/ Screen/Buttons

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by mlchai, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carter

Carter T4210 user

no, there was no failure with the installation, they just dont work.

Guess I wait till October for the final version, no nerves to install all over again!

2. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

OK, there is no need to give up, unless you can decide to move back to Vista. You may want to do the following. Go to the Device Manager and remove everything that appears to be a Fujitsu specific driver. If the system tries to re-install it, direct it to the CD. Go to Intel and get the latest video driver there, and install it. Then put the system into compatibility mode, and insert the CD with the drivers. It should autorun. It should highlight the missing drivers (green color) if any. Install only the missing drivers that it detects. See what this manouver would get you. Possibly, the screen driver and the button drivers are not talking to each other for a weird reason.

3. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I did a clean install and the only drivers I HAD to install were the button drivers. Win7 did everything else. I did download a few others and install them to be sure I had the latest Fujitsu driver vs a generic one except for the fingerprint driver as the Fujitsu one is so bad.

It was the most painless install I've ever done. Dead easy. Everything works perfectly. Highly recommended.

Gordon

4. Carter

Carter T4210 user

Ok, thanks for sharing!

Very soon Win 7 will be released, so I will wait until the final version to install everything again! ;-)

5. adretzios

I have ordered 3 copies of the Win 7 Pro but my installation process would take time as I would most likely wait until the RC is close to expiring in some of the machines. The Vista desktop would be the first to be upgraded. I am not really looking forward to it, it would be a lot of work to reinstall a lot of applications.

I wish that MS does a better job in the future in writing good code for upgrades. If it wants to sell far more upgrade copies, it must create the conditions in which the OS upgrades itself without a substantial problem. It can only achieve this by starting chipping at the Registry and removing a lot of the Registry functions, so that upgrades can become easier.

6. Carter

Carter T4210 user

Do you know if I could use the 64bit version of windows 7 with my t4210?
    Or will certain hardware stop working?

7. adretzios

To be honest, I do not have the full information on this. I know that you can run 64-bit Win7 on T5010 because Fujitsu actually posted recently the Win Vista 64-bit drivers on its site (usually, Vista drivers work in Win7). If Fujitsu posts Vista 64-bit drivers for the T4210, the answer would be a "yes". You definitely need the 64-bit drivers!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.