Windows 7 taskbar doesn't work well with tablet pen....

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by whazzup, Jan 13, 2009.

1. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

A simple tap of the pen on icons already opened is frequently mistaken as a mouse drag, which moves the icon instead of activating it, or is mistaken as a right click, bringing up a list of recent files to open. This is irritating....

using windows 7 on a tx2000 now.

2. Juice

Juice Pen Pal - Newbie

eh... I put 7(x64) on my tx2000 and it was really unstable and buggy (mostly pen and touchscreen issues) -- I'm just gonna wait until the retail version.

~side note, works great on my desktop

3. Modnar

Modnar Pen Pal - Newbie

I find in order to do that I have do quite a long tap (ie for a right click) and move with it in order to do that or just wait for a right click

4. whazzup

i had a weird problem with my 1st installation of Win 7 (32bit). After installing tablet drivers, i noticed when using the pen, whenever i move the cursor to near the speaker area, it'll jump towards where the rotate and dvd buttons are.

*Reinstalled twice after tat, 1st with x32 ver again, den with x64.

*Both times, immediately after installation, i Windows updated the machine to install the graphics driver (instead of installing manually).

*Den installed the tablet driver SP39280.

*No major issues with using the pen after tat, either for 32 or 64 bit. Dunno abt the touchscreen though as i had removed it.

*Only one minor issue (2 if u count the taskbar thingy): if i booted win 7 in tablet mode, and open my drawing app, paint tool sai, the cursor will be reversed. Workaround is to close the app, rotate the display to normal laptop mode, open the app, den rotate to tablet mode.

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

hmm these are odd things. I have never had a issue with windows seven.

I used the default tablet driver that was built into windows, and just did windows update. See if it is the new wacom driver causing the problem.

6. whazzup

the default windows tablet driver works fine, but i nid the wacom driver for the pressure sensitivity in drawing apps, so ya, probably the wacom driver's causing havoc...

7. ChronoReverse

ChronoReverse Pen Pal - Newbie

Try sliding the button up and see what happens.