Windows 7 RC 7100 on TX, experiences...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by stormi, Jul 17, 2009.

1. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Installing realtek hd audio drivers did the trick for me

2. ShMiCk

ShMiCk Pen Pal - Newbie

j0 da man!

Thanks

3. tabletpcreviewer

tabletpcreviewer Pen Pal - Newbie

Which realtek hd audio drivers did you guys install to get rid of the hardware connect and disconnect sound? I installed that the old problem remains. Every few seconds, the hardware connect and disconnect sound would happen.

4. ShMiCk

ShMiCk Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats't the finger print reader going into standby then off standby again. Go into device manager and disable the finger print reader from going into standby mode.

5. TX2110us

TX2110us Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all I am new to the forums. I have a tx2110us and wanted to know if any of you were capable of making the play-pause/stop buttons that are near the screen work with Windows 7. When I had vista they controlled perfectly winamp and windows media player, now they don´t. BTW the volume and mute buttons are working perfectly even changing colors as they should.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance.

6. uridian

uridian Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just installed it on my TX2513 as well, and so far so good. Just one snag, though, and it's a big one (for me).

I bought this tablet to use as a digital sketchbook, and so far it's been great. I installed Win7 on it two days ago and just went outside to do a sketch and found that my calibration is off when I went to paint (in Corel Painter 9). So I recalibrated, and all was well until I got back into Painter again. I realized that the calibration is different when I'm doing typical Windows functions than when I'm in Painter. It seems Painter totally ignores my pen calibration in this new Windows. I even grossly mis-calibrated my pen so on my desktop the cursor is 1/2" or more off, but inside Painter, the calibration is always the same. It wouldn't be so bad, but the calibration is about 1/8" to the right of the tip of the pen, and as a righty, that puts the cursor just out of sight under the tip.

Any thoughts? I've done the 16 point Windows calibration and the 4 point windows calibration, and I've done the wacom 4 point calibration. All have the same result.

7. jacobdrj

jacobdrj Pen Pal - Newbie

This thread will serve as a log of my experiences with Windows 7 (any version I happen to be using at the time) on an HP TX2500Z CTO.

This thread will effectively serve as both a review of Windows 7 AND my TX2500Z.

As of post 1, here are my specs:
    ZM-80
    OCZ Vertex 60 (1375)
    Windows 7 7100 x32
    8 Cell Battery
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Webcam
    Fingerprint Reader
    4GB (2x2048) G.Skill DDR2 800

Initial observations: The original install was Windows Vista Ultimate x64. Even on high performance, after a clean Vista install, FLASH items are SLOW. SUPER SLOW. Hulu, XGEN Games, etc, all run very slow. This is disappointing for a dual core running over 2 GHz. I have another laptop with a Core Duo (not Core 2) running at 1.73 GHz, and that runs FLASH apps much better. Battery life with the 8-Cell battery is adequate for a class on balanced mode, while surfing the net and using MS OneNote 2007. The original hard drive dealt with OneNote just fine, a 1st generation G.Skill SSD was terrible, and the Vertex is just fine for OneNote. I have not yet used it on Windows 7 (I will install that later today). I say, I'd get 2.5 hours on a full charge on balanced mode.

Windows 7: So far, I am a little disappointed. Contrary to what I was lead to believe, Windows 7 DID NOT detect my SSD, and therefore did not optimize it. This fact alone warrants me to re-download and re-install Windows 7 RC1, just in case I had a bad image or something.

I have a Windows Home Server (WHS) and have not yet used it with my Windows 7 machine, but I do have an image of my old drive just in case I need a quick restore. As a side note, WHS is great, and worth every penny.

I haven't done any tweaking to the OS myself. I have left Aero on. I did Windows Update, and so far everything seems fine.

I don't know if there is proper software for it out yet, but I can not, for the life of me, get the fingerprint reader to work to store passwords. Perhaps this feature is not part of W7. It does work for log-on, but not out of sleep mode.

I did have some trouble getting the webcam to work, even though it was detected correctly.

The HP quick-buttons didn't auto-install, but the Vista drivers worked fine. I can't get the DVD or "Circle Arrow" to work, but that is an HP thing that I wasn't even able to do with Vista.

The IR and remote works just fine.

I loved how the installer recognized my WIFI. It made things so easy.

In general, on high performance, W7 seems to be running fairly snappy.

The tablet features are superior to Vista. Where I wasn't even able to calibrate the touch part of my screen properly on Vista, with W7's 16 point calibration, I was able to get it to work. I still don't like the resistive touch, as it takes too much force to properly work. The pen works flawlessly.

I tried to get speech recognition to work. So far, it seems that even by boosting the mic, W7 can't hear me well enough to work properly and reliably. I will be testing this with a bluetooth headset later.

Bluetooth works fine on W7 so far. On Vista, it worked fine with my phone (Motorola i335) and was even able to tether and save contacts. However I have not been yet able to find the proper utility to do contact backups with W7. I have not yet tried to tether with W7.

My Bluetooth Microsoft 5000 mouse works as well on W7 as on Vista.

I had an annoying error noise, as though something was constantly being connected to the computer the 1st day after the install. It seemed to go away after I installed AVG.

There is some unknown device with an exclamation point on the Devices and Printers view. Everything seems fine, so I have no idea what it is. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I like the Devices and Printers view. But there isn't enough bluetooth specific stuff in the Control Panel.

I have yet not tried to game with W7. Gaming WarRock was ok on Vista.

The tablet specific tools seems even more intuitive. I love the options I have seen so far.

8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey there!
    After Win XP just made problems, i wanted to give w7 a try.
    And I felt lucky that most worked immediately. The touch & pen functions are much better than in xp & vista. And finally the touchscreen is working correct with my external screen =)
    Just needed to install the vista driver for the IR remote and fingerprint. The digital persona software from vista is working too.

After every hardware worked, I tried to get the quicklaunch buttons working and the screen rotation. Again the last ATI CCC driver & software for vista from HP was working. Just sometimes when I'm switching my displays, the explorer.exe must be restarted.
    Now I installed the quicklaunch buttons for vista, and w7 doesn't want to start anymore!! I must restore w7 over the "start-help". Many installations and restores later I got w7 starting and all buttons + screen rotation working. I installed the Quickplay Buttons programm for xp from http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/home and now I can run any programm by the DVD button. The last quickplay button isn't working, don't know why....

Now I hope my w7 will survive the next reboot :D

(sorry for my bad english :S )

9. kilimats

kilimats Pen Pal - Newbie

noticed that too.

I am not able to click the top right corner arrow though, I have to click a little off center.

Did you have that problem ? made a topic about it: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=26820

10. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Like I feared, w7 continued making problems. I reinstalled w7 and now I need to run it without the buttons.
    Anyone else know how to get the buttons working?

And I noticed that the mute button doesnt want to change orange anymore. Drivers are installed. And on the remote are just the arrows, the ok, standy and mediacenter button working :S