Windows 7 RC 7100 on TX, experiences...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by stormi, Jul 17, 2009.

1. lpaso

lpaso Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I tried to have the fingerprint reader to work on with both Win7RC 32bits and 64bits, and it just doesn't work.

With the 64bits :
    - with the Windows Update drivers, when I want to register my fingerprints, TrueSuite launch, and when it want to initiliaze the reader, the soft crashes.
    - with the Authentec W7 beta drivers, TrueSuite doesn't crashes, but it seems that it's just not able to detect my finger when I swipe it : it's sticking on the "Reading 1" phase.

With the 32bits edition :
    - both WU and Authentec drivers give me the same result : my finger is not detected when I swipe it : it's sticking on the "Reading 1" phase.

Any idea ?

Thank you very much.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

try using HP's drivers and program for the respective 32/64-bit. Works for me without a flaw so far for both logging in Windows and other programs.

3. Ducman69

Ducman69 Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you get the driver from?

When I try to install the one from HP for Vista 32bit it says that it detects that I'm not running Vista and will not proceed.

4. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

ok, permanent disconnect-sound seems to be related to fingerprint reader, thats right and what i found out yesterday too. the driver was installed using windows update (win7 64-bit!). i didnt test if its working yet!!! at least it was installed correctly and no problems so far looking into device manager...
    the disconnect-sound will disappear, when deactivating standby-modus for fingerprint reader! go to device manager -> fingerprint reader -> properties -> disable "allow standby".

if fingerprint reader is working, i will test as soon as i get home! :)

5. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

I've just noticed that the pen calibrations points now extended completely into the corners of the screen.

I've not yet tried the wacom tablet driver as I'm using the one included w/ w7 but the inaccuracy of the pen near the edges of the screen is gone!

Nice.

6. brokenlax

brokenlax Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

Everything feels a bit bulkier compared to build 7000, didn't detect sensors like 7000 did, so had to install northbridge drivers manually.

Mostly everything works well, but i seem to keep getting this error saying "no internet access" when im cleary on the internet, checked to see if it was my firewall, but it wasent. Anyone have a slight idea on what might be causing it?

Its not that important really, but its annoying to have that yellow warning sign hovering over your face.

7. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone been able to get HP's tiles in W7's Windows Mobility Center?

8. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

same here! didnt try using hp software for it yet, cause windows software should do the trick as well - thats beta-testing! ;)

someone managed to get quicklaunch buttons to work? installed driver successfully through windows update but they are not working... do i need to get the vista 64-bit drivers?

9. ShMiCk

ShMiCk Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been also getting that disconnect/connect sound and it's been driving me crazy. Gonna try the fingerprint reader technique when I get home. Would turning off the fingerprint reader from going into sleep mode decrease battery life?

I have a HP TX2.

10. ShMiCk

ShMiCk Pen Pal - Newbie

k, so I've discovered what the unknow device was in Device Manager. It turns out it was my infered port. But the funny is that my remote control worked fine before I installed the driver (weird).

I also installed the Quicklaunch button app, which now does show me an onscreen menu when I put volume up and down, but my mute button still doesn't turn red when I press it.

Anyone know how to get that feature back on?