Windows 7 Premium for $29 for Students with .edu email address

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by lowlife, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Hi,

Just got this link from a buddy and I thought I would share. If you are a student with an email ending in "edu", you can download Windows 7 for $29. It is only for people with USA based schools I believe. You can also choose between Premium or Professional if you click where it says "Need to join your school's network domain? Click here". The cost will still be $29. I may post this in the other forums but I am not sure, as I do not wish to duplicate posts.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/st...=5tVn3AoBAkcAAE51mMoAAAA5&rests=1253223793222

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm.......now to wonder whether or not i should go 32 or 64-bit.....

on my tx2510us laptop.....

3. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

good find, I'm moving this to software as this definitely does not just apply to HP tablets!

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

There is also a program for users in the UK, and there is talk that it might be extended elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't see the link/option for the Premium/Professional, in order to join domain on this offer site, run by DigitalRiver - any tips?

Edited to Add: Okay, now I see it! ^ (It's at the bottom, a long sentence that's hyperlinked)

6. Dev1ant

Dev1ant Pen Pal - Newbie

It's not much of a deal...if you're a student, you can sign up for IEEE and get 10 copies of Windows 7 Professional for $30 as well (interchangeable keys for 32 and 64 bit from German, Chinese, etc.).

I personally signed up for technet for $250. It doesn't cost $250 after abit of sharing if you know what I mean.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@ dev1ant that would only apply to students who are in engineering or computer science programs re IEEE.

8. Dev1ant

Dev1ant Pen Pal - Newbie

No it doesn't. You've got to read more closely to see who it applies to.

Essentially, it covers most if not all categories in university. Medical school would = medical sciences anyway. You get signed up and receive VERY valuable access to info. in your field.

9. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

This was my main disappointment. I had to choose either the 32- or the 64-bit version. I went with the 64-bit because it is appropriate for my hardware. The commercial package contains both. It is also a downloadable ISO which is not bad, but not good either!!

10. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Got the download a couple of days ago and everything is perfect. I have a Fujitsu T5010 2.53Ghz.

After I got the download I went to Fujitsu's website and they have an automatic driver and software loading program. I clicked and it installed all the appropriate Win7 drivers. I have been messing with computers since the 80's and this is the first flawless, no driver hunting experience I have had.

My favorite part is that the computer sleeps and wakes in about 4 seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.