Windows 7 on tx2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tahoe916, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphheerroonn

pphheerroonn Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed and have been using Windows 7 on my tx2530 for about a month now and I want to say that I am pretty impressed. I did a clean install and after a few updates everything just worked like before. Windows 7 on a whole is nice a a big step in the right direction for Microsoft. The improved pen input panel and callibration screen are nice and the new taskbar is great for launchin programs quickly, I have noticed improvements in boot time and battery life also.
    But I have two main issues with Windows 7:

1. This is the main problem, every so often I get disconnected from my wireless network. I click 'Troubleshoot problems' in the connection menu and it resolves the problem telling me that "The default gateway was not available"
    This happens every hour or so, give or take. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers but to no avail. Just wondering if anyone else here had this problem or know how to fix it.

2. The other question I have is if anyone knows how to enable the additional touch features in Wondows 7. It works fine just clicking stuff using the screen and I know the multi-touch features won't work but panning would be nice.

2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

1) I haven't experienced this problem, and I've been running Windows 7 on mine since the PDC pre-beta build was released.

2)You can use the BlueBadge patch from withinwindows.com to enable paining on the tx2500 series.

3. pphheerroonn

Yeah I tried the bluebadge patch but it didn't do anything, it seems it only unlocked the feature in earlier builds it still need to be enabled somehow. There seems to be a different menu for panning when it is enabled.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The 1st image is what I think it should be just not greyed out and the 2nd is what I get...:confused:

4. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

What build are you running? It I haven't tested it on anything newer than 6.1.7000 (i'm in the Windows Techbeta so I'm supposed to wait for "official" builds :( )

5. pphheerroonn

Build 7075...

6. alayan

alayan Pen Pal - Newbie

1)
    I experienced the same thing with the wireless. Just simply go to the driver manufacturers website and get the latest version of the driver. Simple as that. Windows Update is useless on this one.
    I fixed this a few weeks ago and it's still running fine.

7. tahoe916

tahoe916 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running RC 7100 and everything is working great. Actually, everything has worked great pretty much since the first beta build and event towards the end of alpha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.