Windows 7 on tx2032 but no screen rotation?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by csz, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csz

csz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello guys,

I've upgraded my Vista Premium installation on my tx2032. So far so good, everything worked like a charm right out of the box. Pending issues like nvidia video driver were fixed after applying windows update. Fingerprint driver is installed although there is still no program that will "use it"..

Now, the only thing that bugs me is that whenever I rotate the screen, windows does not apply the proper configuration. It just stays in landscape mode.

I've attempted to install quick launch software from HP but windows says isn't compatible. Even running it under "windows XP SP2 troubleshoot mode"..

Sound buttons work, although the central one doesn't turn red when it's in mute. The other ones on the screen border doesn't work at all, they do not rorate the screen.

Anyone have a workaround to this issue?

Thanks a lot!! windows 7 loads 5x faster than Vista.. !!

2. ajreynol

ajreynol Pen Pal - Newbie

install the Quick Launch drivers from the HP website. choose the Vista version that best matches your Win 7 install (as in 32 bit or 64 bit).

3. csz

csz Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your reply.. I downloaded the QL buttons but win7 didn't like it, it said it isn't compatible and refused to run :S

4. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Then set the installer to compability mode, find the settings on file properties :)

5. csz

csz Pen Pal - Newbie

D'oh!!

thanks for the tip, it worked! boot time compared to Vista has improved 110%, no more 5 to 7 min wait..!

and it's just a RC.. going to grab the final version on Oct 22th..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.