Windows 7 on st5022d

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Topdog, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topdog

Topdog Pen Pal - Newbie

For all those who are thining about putting windows 7 onto their old stylistic tablets (well perhaps the st502x series), it is possible to get the rotation of the screen working. If you follow the instructions in this link:

Install 855GM Series Video Driver on Windows 7 - Tutorial

it will get it up and running.

Alternatively, the person who put these instructions has put a package together with all the files needed, including the rotation reg file that needs to be executed once the above instructions have been followed. The files can be found at:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I have a working copy of windows 7 home premium running on my st5022d with the rotation button working.

This link may also help to get you started with getting windows 7 installed in the first place.

Windows 7 on ST-5022D

Cheers

2. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info, I'm planning on installing Win 7 on my ST5112 when I get a SSD in a couple months. Any idea whether this would work for the 5112?

3. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

I have W7 Ultimate on my ST5112 and the rotation button works fine though I don't remember going through the steps Topdog lists. I think I just installed W7 and then made sure to install the Fujitsu drivers from their website.

If you install W7 and it does not work, just post back here and we can work on it!

4. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, will do :D

5. Topdog

Topdog Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll think you will find that the ST5112 has a different video chip, so no, you won't be able to use the above method. The above method only works on the st502x series as it has the 855 video chip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.