Windows 7 Multi-touch is... touchy

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Jor-dan, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

Yeah, I was watching a video on GottaBeMobile and the Multi-Touch still has a few things to work out before I'd be up for investing in a Screen that could handle it... The video is almost laughable! Ok, I did laugh actually... several times :)

I have an iPhone... so I'm fairly familiar with the inherent and unavoidable flaws of multitouch... but this is still just funny :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

you cant really complain. It's a pre beta, of course it is going to get better. I borrowed a copy from a friend of mine (avid beta tester), and can say it runs flawlessly. That is just for my model (2710p).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

well windows 7 looks very nice from what I've seen... it's just the Multi-touch gimmick they're working at that's so funny to watch. Some things can't be fixed easily... I know I have problems with my iPhone sometimes... it registers a gesture as a link-click, or it gets a headache and crashes if you zoom in and out too much, or while the page is still loading. Also you can see that Lattitude XT or whatever it was he was using in the video was having some serious frame rate issues, to the point where it was hard to see how big he was resizing it while it was happening, and he'd always wind up too big.

Something I like about the iPhone's page-zoom interface is the snap-to-margins feature... just double click on any paragraph anywhere on a webpage and the screen zooms to fit the margins of that part of the page or the paragraph. I sure hope they add that feature to windows 7! Because I didn't see it on the list of gestures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.