Windows 7 & MSDNAA

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by jumpboy, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpboy

jumpboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey,

I am trying to understand this MSDNAA program a little better. Do all participating schools offer Windows 7 upgrade to their students now or is it only to certain departments within the school? I talked to someone at my schools tech department (University of Maryland) and he was just a clueless student.

I just want to know if its something worth pursuing (aka find someone more knowledgeable in the department) or just wait till 7 is released in October.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

It might be a little more on a school by school basis, Some schools seem to make the MSDNAA library readily accessible to anyone who is interested, other schools keep it w/in certain departments, or only w/in their Tech departments, whether or not that is Microsoft's intended purpose is another story.

I don't think its about offering free upgrades to students for the various OS', its more about access to the library...

3. BK_NC

BK_NC Pen Pal - Newbie

Try the links to various school MSDNAA sites from the forum link below. Windows 7 appears to be only for students enrolled in IT programs. I think when you are in one of those programs you get a login to these sites that will let you download it and other MS software.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1505441

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

that's not what the MSDNAA site indicates, that is a specific program for IT & Engineering students.

The actual website says:

and it says re students:

so find out specifically from your school, what their policy is.
    Use the following link to find your program director.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.