Windows 7 login issue w Samsung series 7 Slate

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by EmoryD, Nov 12, 2015.

1. EmoryD

EmoryD Pen Pal - Newbie

Microsoft downloaded a package yesterday, which upon boot up has blocked access to the log in window. I am on the long, tortuous path of trying to create a USB windows boot disk in the hopes of 1) Saving critical data, and 2) getting the tablet to work again.

Two current issues.
    1) MS Windows will not allow me to download the W7 ISO from their site, not recognize the key and claiming that since W7 was preinstalled by Samsung only Samsung can provide it. Where to go for it?
    2) I have numerous different instructions on how to configure the BIOS on the Slate. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Orome

Orome Pen Pal - Newbie

Same Problem!!!

Just received a new update to Windows... System is now logging on. Only cost me two days of work... (Idiots!!!)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. EmoryD

EmoryD Pen Pal - Newbie

How did you receive the update if you could not log on? I am at three days lost and counting. The thrill of doing all email business from a smart phone is wearing off!

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I went through the same thing with a Series 3 notebook earlier this year. Once I got to the right person, I was able to get recovery media sent to me. No charge. As of last February, the number in the US was 1-800-726-7864.