Windows 7 "Keyboard Filter_01" problem

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by nevarDeath, Oct 14, 2009.

1. nevarDeath

nevarDeath Phone Expert

So I got my windows 7 ultimate disc from the launch party materials and noticed that there is a constant beep every few minutes, like when you unplug a printer or flash drive, except I'm not plugging or unplugging anything. I checked the event logs under "Hardware Events" and there were none. I didn't see anything else in the logs that I know or think would be related to this.

I got a notification before upgrading that the "Keyboard_filter_01" wouldn't work after the upgrade, but ignored it, not realizing what it is.

When I googled "Keyboard_Filter_01" I got a ton of info on HP computers and this being associated with quickplay buttons.

When I click the start button and go to "Devices and Printers" it lists "Keyboard Filter" under Unspecified Devices. I uninstalled the quickplay software and Keyboard filter disappeared from under unspecified devices, as did the annoying sound. I installed the newest version of the quickplay buttons from HP's website. The sounds came back as did "Keyboard Filter" under unspecified devices.

I then right clicked on it and tried the troubleshooting option (Haha I know, but I figured I'd give it a shot since it's a new version of windows) and it tried to find drivers and couldn't find them.

So I'm confident it's related to the quickplay buttons. I'm sure a driver update would help, but that can't be expected until at *least* Oct 22nd and I use those buttons frequently.

I called Microsoft tech support about this, but the Win7 launch party tech support line closes before I get home from work :(

So my question is, does anyone know of a workaround, or something else I could try to resolve this? I'm using a tx2117cl and the buttons function properly, so I don't understand why this is happening. My touchscreen works fine too.

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

disable your finger print reader if you have one.

that solved the problem for me with my tx2510us.

or look for a system monitoring tool to determine what's being connected and disconnected constantly,
    -Tyler