Windows 7 Issue/Solution Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Naterade, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Naterade

Naterade Pen Pal - Newbie

So I installed windows 7 last night on my tx2000 and ill start of to say that its great, but I have a few issues maybe some of you who've installed it might have experienced something similar. OK

First Issue/Solution- Touch Doesn't work. But pen does.
    So there is another thread about this that I haven't read yet, but I solved this myself by using Hp Recovery Manager to re-install the Wacom Driver and I restarted the computer and touch worked perfectly! Love the new Soft-Keyboard when you use touch, not pen.

Second Issue- When using pen, the actual mouse pointer(cursor) follows pen-point instead of the little dot that it used to be in Vista. I don't know what's causing this, but if anyone knows help would be appreciated. It might be another driver I have to Re-Install or something, I don't know. But thanks in advance.

If anyone has any issues with Windows 7 Post here So it makes it easy to find all problems and solutions instead of having to search the entire Forums.

2. Naterade

Also, if anyone has any questions about windows 7, let me know here and i'll try to answer them best I can.

3. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

How Do I stop mcglidhost.exe generating errors when it tries to download guide information ? I can stop the JIT debugger reporting it every 5 seconds but wermgr.exe (windows error reporting) just keeps opening tcp connections till it saturates my upload ?.

Additonaly is there anyway to install activesync / mobile device centre ?

4. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

For some reason I can't manage gadgets. Everytime I try to launch the gadget manager, from the desktop (right-click -> Gadgets) nothing shows up.

5. ChronoReverse

ChronoReverse Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you turn off UAC? All Gadgets run in protected mode and if you've turned off UAC, they won't work.

6. alan sh

alan sh Scribbler - Standard Member

I have Windows 7 on a separate partition and it is fine except that I cannot create a toolbar. Under Vista, I can create a folder on the desktop, drop some shortcuts into it and then drag the folder over to the right had side. When I let go, it becomes a toolbar and I can put loads of shortcuts there (I have 18 at the moment). I can make it be "always on top" and it doesn't get hidden. It's great.

Windows 7 will not let me do that -anyone any ideas how I can get one?

7. transient

transient Pen Pal - Newbie

Not really a issue but kind of a solution...

Some of you may have noticed that Windows 7 will feature more touch based integration into the OS; however, some of these features have been disabled in the beta. I found that using Blue Badge (http://www.withinwindows.com/2008/1...dds-registry-override-bits-aero-peek-enabled/) enables some of these features. It uses registry tweaks to enable these features, stability seems to remain the same after applying them but use with caution. It was made for the pre-beta but so far runs fine on my 7000 beta (64-bit).

So far touch panning is the only feature I noticed -- activated in the Pen and Touch control panel.

8. nevarDeath

nevarDeath Phone Expert

Touch worked great for me right from the start. I figured the lack of little crosshair with the pen was a feature, not omission. Like that's just the graphic they want in the new window. Finger touching works for me, but it doesn't display the transparent mouse on the screen. I am glad of that whether it was intentional or not. The eraser also functions properly and not as another pen as some people have reported. I also update before I did anything with windows 7

My graphics weren't installed properly from the start, I had to get the nvidia drivers from hps website and that fixed that.

I tried to install the authentec drivers for the fingerprint sensor, but they wouldn't install. The DigitalPersona drivers work great. I'm not having sound problems (although my girlfriend thought I was) So I tried both of the available realtek drivers from HPs site and both gave me errors when installing.

Here's the list of programs I have successfully installed on my machine:
    Acrobat.com
    Adobe AIR
    Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
    Adobe Reader 9
    avast! antivirus
    BitTorrent
    Cyberlink YouCam [downloaded from HP's driver page]
    DigitalPersona Personal 3.1.0
    DNA
    EasyBCD 1.7.2
    HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.40 H2 [Makes the screen rotation button work, no others]
    iReboot 1.1.0
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    NVIDIA Drivers
    Yahoo! Messenger

9. Naterade

If you stilll have the HP recovery Partition on your hard drive, you can use hp recovery manager to re-install some of the drivers that may have gotten messed up. like the fingerprint driver.. etc..

10. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

Is that from inside 7? If so, how do you get the partition to talk to 7?