Windows 7 installation and drivers

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by craigt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. sjxbrd

sjxbrd Pen Pal - Newbie

thx for your reply. I got tablet button driver, system interface driver,hotkey utility, and shortcut menu. I can launch the shortcut menu, but brightness and volume control don't work.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

what drivers have you installed in total?

3. roadkill

roadkill Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Bigwormie or anyone,

This is my first clean install for my x61 32bit. how do I activate the "thinkvantage-tablet shortcut menu-settings-" I downloaded a bunch of thinkvantage drivers from lenovo but they don't seem to do anything. Everything seems to be working fine except my rotation, tablet buttons, and the blue thinkvantage button. Thanks for your help.

4. booone0

booone0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Still not working for me on x200 tablet in Windows 7 x86 RC:

Volume buttons next to escape key work, but mute button does not.
    Sound was working but not when headphones plugged in. I reinstalled sound driver software, but don't have headphones so I'll try when I get home.

That's all I've found so far....now I have to get to optimizing it for battery power/speed.

5. zottrix

zottrix Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a x200 tablet and have installed windows 7 release candidate build 7100.

After installation, all basic things were working fine. After some time I started installing missing Lenovo drivers.

Now,

1) On screen display (the green texts when you press Fn keys or volume keys) is not working.

2) Audio was working in the beginning. Recently it started not working. From what i see in speaker levels, I should be hearing something. I opened Windows Media Player to play a song for testing. I could not hear anything, but after 20 seconds, the sound came back. It worked fine for 2-3 hours. Now I noticed that the audio is not working, again.

3) The volume up/down keys are working. The mute key is not working.

4) The fingerprint software has some bugs. After entering the Windows password, the submit button does nothing. It freezes. After reinstalling, I was able to go to the next step, this time I select a finger and pressed OK, but the program did not respond. (OK, it says "cannot communicate with sensor")

The other tablet functions (rotate keys etc) are working OK.

I used the drivers in:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70656

and in:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/WIN7-BETA.html

Can you guys help me out? Especially the audio problem is bugging me...

EDIT/UPDATE:

It seems I have skipped installing system interface driver. Now I have audio. The mute button is also working. For volume control and mute buttons, I can see the on screen display, too. Actually, many Fn buttons except brighness are shown on screen. I needed to allow two execucables (one hotkey, one zoom) when windows starts. It asks my permission everytime I start windows. I cannot get rid of it. I tried to allow permission to the executables, right click -> properties but it doesn't work.

The fingerprint issue continues. I only installed the driver and don't want to setup the password manager. I don't think they are related but somewhere I read they need to be installed together??? Some say there is a fingerprint sensor setting to toggle in BIOS. I looked at my BIOS settings but couldn't find any..
    --> (OK, I installed the authentec fingerprint driver now.)

6. zottrix

zottrix Pen Pal - Newbie

you can try these drivers here. they work for windows 7 (x86):

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. schpenxel

schpenxel Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone figured out what bluetooth drivers to use?

8. schpenxel

schpenxel Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a heads up to anyone else who encounters this problem. it turned out to be that i needed to install the hot key software and power management software in order to turn the bluetooth receiver on. after it turned on the default drivers in windows 7 worked fine.

thank god.. i was literally about to send this thing back over it. i can' get by without my bluetooth and really wanted to stay on windows 7

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you use the same vista drivers its just that you have to go deep inside the driver folders and then for your respective version of the os & run that setup. You're also going to need the software for the hardware buttons(access connections)....that however is iffy, the Fn+F5 doesn't always work znd there is an error saying access connections doesn't work on start. I had to use the shortcut from Program files (Thinkpad etc will have to reinstall to give exact names) to be able to toggle the switches via software.

C:\DRIVERS\TPBTooth\x\Inst.exe
    where x is Win32 or Win64 depending on the version of the os you're running.

C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\acFnF5.exe (is the shortcut to the software toggle)

10. sinthome

sinthome Pen Pal - Newbie

old thread, i know, but i am having the same issues with the fingerprint drivers on my new x200t. can someone explain how i get it to work? device manager says it is installed fine, but the fingerprint software doesn't recognize it. i am using the x64 version from www-307.ibm.com, maybe i should try the x86 version? or the vista version? or use a differnet driver? i haven't found one, and i am not even sure if it is a driver issue or an issue with the fingerprint software. any help would be greatly appreciated.