Windows 7 Handwriting Recognition Multi-Language Doesn't Work (w/workaround)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by xaueious, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckyllr

ckyllr Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks OP! I just did this and got Korean hand writing recognition to work! My wife is very happy. I would note two things for newbies that is not PC friendly to get this work.

First, in windows 7, you must start "command prompt" as a admin or it will not let you execute DSIM.

Second, make sure to type in exactly as shown above or here on the command prompt in quotation "DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\download\LP.CAB" replace c:\download with where ever your LP.CAB file is. There has to be spaces as shown where there are spaces and no space between PackagePath:directory path.

Only reason I put that up there is because I had hard time getting it to work the first time and now it's pretty simple once you figure it out.

2. bomboora

bomboora Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, where does this LP.cab file appears?

Tnx,

bomboora

3. scot

scot Pen Pal - Newbie

i tried option b first and it worked like a charm. now i can switch my input method easily and any time i want from english to japanese and back again.

beautiful, and thank you so much for figuring this out.

4. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

So... it looks like if you have SP1 installed you're out of luck...

5. Twi$TeR

Twi$TeR Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys!

This is my first post on this board and I would like to say thank you for such a great place about tablet pc.

So back to topic. I tried to install handwriting language package and failed. I get this message at cmd part. :( Anyone can help me out?

Code:
    C:\Users\Twi$TeR>DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"d:\lp.cab"

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package
    ~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pl-PL~6.1.7600.16385

Error: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to this image.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Try installing from an elevated CMD Prompt, also LPs are for Ultimate and Enterprise Versions of Windows 7...

7. red_flower

red_flower Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't seem to download Vistalizator. It says my "version of Windows"
    is not supported...? As far as I know it is the latest version and not outdated as the error message suggests. Any ideas?

8. rdoyle128

rdoyle128 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, found this thread through Googling.

I was wondering if there's any other way to enable the language recognition for the other Win 7 editions.

It seems that Vistalizator is no longer supported, I guess? Keeps giving me errors. Registry errors, during installation and when I switch languages. Also, it won't let me update the language as it says my Windows Update Agent isn't supported, which I assume is because Vistalizator is no longer being updated.

It does let me switch my language to Japanese, it will boot and the menus and such will be Japanese. But Tablet PC still doesn't seem to recognize Japanese characters.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been searching for some time, but it seems I'm the only one having this problem, since all I can find is solutions involving Vistalizator.

Thanks.

9. nagaraj

nagaraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Guys,

Is anybody able to find out the reason for the 0x800f081e error during dism command used.The error occurs only Windows 7 SP1.

Cheers
    Nagaraj

10. nagaraj

nagaraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi did you fix the above issue..,i am also having the same issue in Windows 7 SP1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.