Windows 7 Gadgets

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by SDreamer, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone still use their gadgets in windows 7? Everytime I dock or rotate, things always get tossed all over the place. I have em turned, off, wish they just stuck with having a sidebar at least from Vista, with the free snap all over the place...

2. rmeigs

rmeigs Pen Pal - Newbie

I still use a few gadgets on my Windows 7 Tega v2. No issues with them being tossed around when I rotate. Don't have a solution.

3. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

I got rid of any Gadgets. I found them to be processor hogs. Maybe was just what was doing. Any who.

4. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

I also got annoyed with the gadgets moving around when I rotate the screen orientation (on a Fujitsu T4410, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit), and haven't found a solution. But did not really search much for one, to be honest, as I realised that apart from constantly moving them back so they don't hide other desktop icons, I wasn't actually doing much with them, so I just got rid of them instead.

5. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I use the stock gadgets, clock (3 of them with different timezones), CPU/MEM, Weather and Calander

6. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I just had stock gadgets too, but the weather gadgets always ended up piling on top of each other (constantly commute between two places). Probably just going to get the Vista sidebar back so they stay in one place.
    EDIT: Tried using Vista's sidebar, worked nicely, but the gadgets didn't work too well. Switched back to using 7's stock sidebar app on a fresh install, and my gadgets aren't being tossed all over the place. I just realized that Win7 also saves the location of the gadgets depending on orientation (landscape vs portrait)

7. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Scribbler - Standard Member

I scrapped the Win. 7 gadgets.

Now I just use Rainmeter and RainRez (which loads themes based on screen resolution).

Everything is always in its place now.

8. dirtyvu

dirtyvu Pen Pal - Newbie

I use All CPU Meter v3.4, Margu NotebookInfo, and the weather channel (it's tiny and fully functional!) regularly.
    I also use the sticky notes (though it's technically not a gadget).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.